What's new

The Grammy Awards 2/11/07 - Can't wait to see The Police Reunion tonight??? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that was one of the broke up bands that i never thought would reform.

will they record a full album.
they are touring right?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i heard that timberlake will be performing "d*** in a box"

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
I thought It was just OK...I was hoping for a medly of 3 or 4 songs. Don't get me wrong, they sounded great, just a bit uninspired IMO. I am looking forward to a tour and hopefully a stop in Buffalo

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I was very happy to see that the Dixie Chicks kicked some ass yesterday.I literally had tears in my eyes when they won.

Good for them!

Brent

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I thought The Police sounded pretty good. I didn't, however, like their use of pre-recorded background vocals. To me it took something away from the live feel. I'll still see them this summer.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

I did not notice any pre-recorded vocals - are you sure there were? Sting was definitly using a lot echo and effects, so the vocals did sound full at points.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I happened to flip over at the very end when they were announcing all 5 contenders for Album of the Year. There wasn't a single one that I would go out into my backyard to watch perform. It just reminded me why I HATE the current state of music. :thumbsdown:

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd

Absolutely certain. During the chorus where you hear the harmony "Roxaaaaaaaaane" you'll notice that you hear Sting's voice among the harmonies even though he is singing the part "put on the red light." It's not uncommon these days for bands to use a backing track since harmonies are hard to pull off live.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i thought it was echo.
sounded exactly like trhe vocal he was singing at the same time.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I did__ like the way Gnarls Barkley redid his song,cool presentation! I kinda was hoping during the Bob Wills tribute that we would have heard more from Ray Benson on how much Bob Wills contributed to country and western music.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I can't say I'm all that familiar with the Dixie Chicks' music or the music of the other contenders. I couldn't say for sure if the Chicks were deserving of all their awards. However, if their sweep is considered surprising, knowing the overwhelming policital leanings of the entertainment industry, I would say that their trials over the Anti-Bush comment made a few years back probably didn't hurt. Just saying

Chris Brunner

Second Unit

I tend to agree.

Although, I don't listen regularly to today's pop music, there were several songs and albums which garnered a lot more airplay and were just more innovative and... well... listenable than ANYTHING I have heard from TDC.

Sad state of affairs for the music industry.

C

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't realize the lead singer (the annoying one) of the Dixie Chicks was married to Nathan Petrelli from Heroes. Poor guy.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

By who?

Since the voting is done by the Recording Academy members (peers), I do not understand how the choice is political? You may not like their music or public views, but there do have a following and got enough of the 11,000 or so members to vote them over others. I am noty a fan of counntry, but they are very good and have crossed over into more pop which may have helped their voting exposure.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
just watched the police again and it sounded great in 5.1
sting's bass just shook the room.

there was a definate echo or reverb effect during the song.
produced instantly obviously electronically.
each sound was the exact same sound of sting's voice from about 1 second or less before.

you guys bringing up the politics know the HTF will close the thread if it keeps up.

:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks