What's new

yamaha/klipsch at bb, any advice? (1 Viewer)

tttrombone

Auditioning
Real Name
tom trombley
I initially was considering the onyko 790 htib. After reading reviews about the lack of sub and the extra expense of a DVD player, I am now Strongly considering this package at Best Buy.

I currently have a 3 year old Samsung HTIB and it sounds great but it doesnt have nearly enough power for my large room and newer 65' hdtv.

Anyone have experience with this package?

Shane Harg

Second Unit
I really couldn't say until I knew what Klipsch/Yamaha models are in the package. BB sells Klipsch Synergy line speakers, which are a great value, but sometimes they will try to sell you the cheapest receiver possible, depending on the brand name to sell the package and giving them the best margin. I have experience with both Klipsch and Yamaha, but more the upper-end models. Just about any model Yamaha receiver will be pretty good, but it would be best to know what model you are getting so that you can research what you are getting and know what it normally sells for by itself. Klipsch subs are fair, which is to say MUCH better than those that come with HTiBs, yet not on par with better subs like SVS or HSU. The package you are considering will certainly SMOKE any HTiB, but it would still be best to know model numbers, especially for the receiver and sub.

tttrombone

Auditioning
Real Name
tom trombley
Thanks for the reply!

Here is the system

Yamaha HTR-5940 780W 6.1-Channel

Klipsch - Synergy Series Quintet III 5-Piece Home Theater Speaker System

Klipsch - 10" 420W Powered Subwoofer SUB-10

Yamaha DV-S5950 progressive-scan multiformat DVD player

Shane Harg

Second Unit
That system should be a great one - MUCH better than any HTiB you'll ever find at BB, CC or Wal-Mart! The only problem I can foresee is if you perhaps ever want to upgrade to 6.1, finding a good matching back speaker may be a challenge, as they don't sell the Quintet III satellite or center speakers separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.