What's new

M*A*S*H* Bonus Material Available on DVD (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I never thought that that would happen but I stand corrected. Eventhough it costs a little more than it should in my opinion, at least Fox made it available for sale.

Buffy fans begin complaining about the lack of that bonus disc in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... :)

Mary_P

Second Unit
Aw, heck, we began complaining about that the moment the "Chosen" set was announced....

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
Quite frankly, I think Fox is completely out of line with this one. They try to correct a mistake they made on their part by NOT including the bonus material in Season 11 and then come out and CHARGE us for material that should've been FREE in the first place.

Am I going out and buying this set for $30. NO!!! They should've made available the bonus material for all us consumers that purchased the 11 seasons at no cost to us. Warner Home Video is doing this with replacement discs for Tom & Jerry and the Ultimate Superman Collection - why can't Fox.

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe

Travis thanks for the feedback but that was my point - their logic was flawed. Season 11 season set was "defected" in light of the fact that it did not include bonus material. It should've included the bonus material, which is my point in all this. It's like Superman III's missing extras, for which Warner is replacing those discs to include the extras.

I've never heard of a boxed set of television bonus material ever sold separately without a season of that show included or is that the other way around. The only other place I saw this happen was with film - King Kong production notes comes to mind. I don't even think Lord of the Rings bonus material was ever released without a film to go with it.

This move by Fox is obviously a way of fixing something they did wrong to start of with. I just don't think they should be charging those that have bought the 11 seasons of the show.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
A&E has sold bonus discs that were included in "complete" sets. I know they did this for The Avengers, as well as Space: 1999, and I may be missing one other one.

People complained that they had to buy the complete series set in order to get the bonus material. Fox releases the bonus material separately and now people are complaining that they didn't get the bonus material with the season sets. Just wait until you hear about what Paramount has planned...

Gord

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
I will be buying this. I am very glad I didn't go through all the trouble of selling my seasons set just so i could get the bonus discs.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
This good.

Now if BV would do this with Alias I would be happy

Thanks for this info!

Greg

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
JoePepe, you're WAAAAAy off base on this one. Just because bonus material wasn't included on a DVD or a set doesn't make it a defected.

A defect is actually defined as a manufacturing defect. Plus, if you end up buying it at Best Buy you'll end up paying around $20 for the set. Fox has done the right thing and to make things fair, the final episode is included with this set, thus justifying the price. So, you're actually paying for the M*A*S*H* finale AND the bonus material.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Well said. I'll bet Deep Discount will carry it for $15-$20.

It's great to see Fox correcting their GIANT mistake. Hopefully they and the other studios will learn something from all this...

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Once I started seeing "complete series sets" arrive, I started slowing my individual season release purchase patterns. For one, it's gotten way out of hand in terms of cost and shelf space. Also I enjoy the complete sets more than the individual season sets anyway.
I'm also starting to hold off until Blu Ray unless I really must have something right away for one reason or another.
That said, I only have Martini's and Medicine, and from that uninformed perspective, I think it's great that Fox added value to the complete series, while providing the opportunity to the individual set purchasers. Fox, to me, is an industry leader in almost every way when it comes to TV on DVD.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Goodbye, Farewell and Amen is on the Season 11 disk so you will have to double dip somewhat, but if it is available for $15-$20, I'll buy it.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I'll probably get it. I was one of those complaining about this material coming out just in the complete series set so not getting it would make me something of a hypocrite and a whiner, I think. I think whenever something goes for $29.98 list, it usually winds up being sold by Amazon.com for about $20.99 or so. I can live with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks