What's new

The new DeepDiscount.com (1 Viewer)

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Did anyone else's wishlist disappear?

On their little ad for the new url the other day they said existing wishlist's from deepdiscountdvd and deepdiscountcd would be carried over...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Darn, mine was loaded too. :angry:

Well, at least now they have that very nice looking water animation at the top of the screen. Very purrrdy! :D

Oh, when I first visited the new site I didn't see that 2 for 1 Anchor Bay sale link. I paniced!

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

But it was there the next time I visited. So all is well and I can order Feb 20th as planned.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Just got wind of this over at DVDTalk.com . . .

As part of the launch of DDD's new site, they are offering yet another 20% off sale; code is "20percent" (without the quotation marks). I just used it and it works for pre-orders! Please note that the code is a one-time use so plan your orders carefully. I'm not sure when the coupon expires or whether there will be other codes available.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
Mine's gone too...This is going to take time in order to get it all back. I wouldn't have called it "packed" but there was a lot of stuff that I had found by accident.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Yeah, my wishlist is gone as well. :frowning: Maybe it will take some time to reload everything on the site... I hope.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Well, I had a whole bunch of "I might get around to this someday soon" in my wishlist - all gone now. Well, looks like there's a WHOLE bunch of crap that I wont be buying from DDD.

Thanks for giving us the shaft. You could have least warned us or something.

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
I managed to recreate my wishlist as it was less than ten things, but now there's always going to be that nagging feeling that I missed re-adding something.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I just talked with Customer Service. The wishlists may not be lost, but it may take 24 hours for them to be available. However, if they are not after that time, then you may be out of luck.

PattyFraser

Second Unit
Yes, mine's gone too. This is a shame, cause like Bonnie I had a lot of things in it that I had found by chance, after having done an imdb search on actors that I liked and "obscure" movies that they had done.

I have to say, I don't like the new site much. My most used feature is the listing of all upcoming releases, and it's darned difficult to navigate now. I use this site, as opposed to say, Comingsoon.net's upcoming dvd release feature because DDDVD announces obscure British region one releases that I want, like Jeremy Brett's "The Good Soldier" being released on April 24. Many other sites won't even announce that. But it takes a lot longer to check up on upcoming releases now. Still, I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Edited to add: Thanks for this info, Tim.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm with Patty on the "Upcoming Releases" feature. It was DDD's best feature, IMHO, and now it absolutely stinks. I used to look at it at least once every couple of days, and if stays like it is now I doubt I'll ever use it again. It's that bad.

On the wishlist side of things, I fortunately saved a copy of the page about a month ago so I didn't lose a ton of titles. Nevertheless, I'm certainly hoping that they are retrieved from "inner space" and can be assimilated into the new format.

Gary "and of course I missed the short lived 20% off code that was undoubtedly a mistake anyhow - I never seem to catch those 'accidental' codes that appear and disappear in a few hours" O.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yep, bye bye wish list. Twas a beautiful thing. I"ll miss it. But we can forge ahead and make it better next time. Nice tip to save the page as a html. I shall do that.

I don't remember a wishlist link to allow you to put stuff in the wish list from the product description page. So that's a nice new feature (if it is). I'd like it if you could do that anywhere on the site, in search listings and on the front page, etc. Save it to the wish list instead of the cart, then to wish list.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I just checked the website this morning and it says that the wishlists should be migrated over by Feb 15.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
Went and checked on my wishlist and the old one has migrated/merged with the new. Now I just have to change several of the quantities wanted back to one...maybe two....

And save a copy of it on my harddrive.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
That's cool.

The "remove" function doesn't seem to work correctly in the cart. The worst thing is there is no "clear cart" function anymore. You have to do one at a time by putting a "0" in quantity and hitting update. I had to do that with 55 items yesterday since I was adding up how many of the $5.99 buena Vistas I wanted. But I plan to order those after I get more of the 2 for 1 Anchor Bays. Kind of annoying.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
I changed the numbers on my wishlist and then pushed "update" located at the bottom of the page. It worked alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks