Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

The new DeepDiscount.com

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 of 27 OFFLINE   tjguitar85

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator

• 166 posts

Posted February 07 2007 - 04:49 PM

Did anyone else's wishlist disappear?

On their little ad for the new url the other day they said existing wishlist's from deepdiscountdvd and deepdiscountcd would be carried over...

#2 of 27 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted February 07 2007 - 09:37 PM

Yeah... unfortunately mine is gone too. I was hoping that they would remain too... because I had my wishlist loaded! Posted Image

#3 of 27 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,906 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted February 07 2007 - 11:13 PM

Darn, mine was loaded too. Posted Image

Well, at least now they have that very nice looking water animation at the top of the screen. Very purrrdy! Posted Image

Oh, when I first visited the new site I didn't see that 2 for 1 Anchor Bay sale link. I paniced!

Posted Image

But it was there the next time I visited. So all is well and I can order Feb 20th as planned. Posted Image
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#4 of 27 OFFLINE   Bob Hug

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

• 1,760 posts

Posted February 07 2007 - 11:49 PM

Just got wind of this over at DVDTalk.com . . .

As part of the launch of DDD's new site, they are offering yet another 20% off sale; code is "20percent" (without the quotation marks). I just used it and it works for pre-orders! Please note that the code is a one-time use so plan your orders carefully. I'm not sure when the coupon expires or whether there will be other codes available.

#5 of 27 OFFLINE   Bonnie*F

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted February 08 2007 - 12:32 AM

Mine's gone too...This is going to take time in order to get it all back. I wouldn't have called it "packed" but there was a lot of stuff that I had found by accident.

#6 of 27 OFFLINE   Don Giro

Don Giro

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted February 08 2007 - 12:42 AM

I just tried the code. It has expired. Rats!
When she embraces, your heart turns to stone
She comes at night, when you're all alone
And when she whispers, your blood shall run cold
You'd better hide before she finds you...

#7 of 27 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,906 posts

Posted February 08 2007 - 02:05 AM

That's really for the best. I don't feel so bad now that I couldn't take advantage of it anyway. /selfish phase
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#8 of 27 OFFLINE   Don Giro

Don Giro

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted February 08 2007 - 02:09 AM

Quote:
That's really for the best. I don't feel so bad now that I couldn't take advantage of it anyway. /selfish phase

Same here. I couldn't think of anything I felt I really needed. More money saved...

When she embraces, your heart turns to stone
She comes at night, when you're all alone
And when she whispers, your blood shall run cold
You'd better hide before she finds you...

#9 of 27 OFFLINE   Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter

• 1,023 posts

Posted February 08 2007 - 03:12 AM

Yeah, my wishlist is gone as well. Posted Image Maybe it will take some time to reload everything on the site... I hope.
BARBARA WRIGHT: You're from Earth?
MORTON DILL: No... no, ma'am, I... I'm from Alabama.
Doctor Who: Flight Through Eternity

#10 of 27 OFFLINE   Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,738 posts

Posted February 08 2007 - 03:52 AM

Well, I had a whole bunch of "I might get around to this someday soon" in my wishlist - all gone now. Well, looks like there's a WHOLE bunch of crap that I wont be buying from DDD.

Thanks for giving us the shaft. You could have least warned us or something.

#11 of 27 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,906 posts

Posted February 08 2007 - 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giro
Same here. I couldn't think of anything I felt I really needed. More money diverted to some other unneeded things...

*fixed*

Posted Image

#12 of 27 OFFLINE   Chris Roberts

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator

• 223 posts

Posted February 08 2007 - 04:18 AM

I managed to recreate my wishlist as it was less than ten things, but now there's always going to be that nagging feeling that I missed re-adding something.

#13 of 27 OFFLINE   Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter

• 1,023 posts

Posted February 08 2007 - 04:22 AM

I just talked with Customer Service. The wishlists may not be lost, but it may take 24 hours for them to be available. However, if they are not after that time, then you may be out of luck.

#14 of 27 OFFLINE   PattyFraser

PattyFraser

Second Unit

• 314 posts

Posted February 08 2007 - 04:32 AM

Yes, mine's gone too. This is a shame, cause like Bonnie I had a lot of things in it that I had found by chance, after having done an imdb search on actors that I liked and "obscure" movies that they had done.

I have to say, I don't like the new site much. My most used feature is the listing of all upcoming releases, and it's darned difficult to navigate now. I use this site, as opposed to say, Comingsoon.net's upcoming dvd release feature because DDDVD announces obscure British region one releases that I want, like Jeremy Brett's "The Good Soldier" being released on April 24. Many other sites won't even announce that. But it takes a lot longer to check up on upcoming releases now. Still, I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Edited to add: Thanks for this info, Tim.

#15 of 27 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,585 posts

Posted February 08 2007 - 08:44 AM

I'm with Patty on the "Upcoming Releases" feature. It was DDD's best feature, IMHO, and now it absolutely stinks. I used to look at it at least once every couple of days, and if stays like it is now I doubt I'll ever use it again. It's that bad.

On the wishlist side of things, I fortunately saved a copy of the page about a month ago so I didn't lose a ton of titles. Nevertheless, I'm certainly hoping that they are retrieved from "inner space" and can be assimilated into the new format.

Gary "and of course I missed the short lived 20% off code that was undoubtedly a mistake anyhow - I never seem to catch those 'accidental' codes that appear and disappear in a few hours" O.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#16 of 27 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,906 posts

Posted February 08 2007 - 09:04 AM

Yep, bye bye wish list. Twas a beautiful thing. I"ll miss it. But we can forge ahead and make it better next time. Nice tip to save the page as a html. I shall do that.

I don't remember a wishlist link to allow you to put stuff in the wish list from the product description page. So that's a nice new feature (if it is). I'd like it if you could do that anywhere on the site, in search listings and on the front page, etc. Save it to the wish list instead of the cart, then to wish list.

#17 of 27 OFFLINE   Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter

• 1,023 posts

Posted February 09 2007 - 12:20 AM

I just checked the website this morning and it says that the wishlists should be migrated over by Feb 15.

#18 of 27 OFFLINE   Bonnie*F

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted February 15 2007 - 02:37 AM

Went and checked on my wishlist and the old one has migrated/merged with the new. Now I just have to change several of the quantities wanted back to one...maybe two....

And save a copy of it on my harddrive.

#19 of 27 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,906 posts

Posted February 15 2007 - 03:24 AM

That's cool.

The "remove" function doesn't seem to work correctly in the cart. The worst thing is there is no "clear cart" function anymore. You have to do one at a time by putting a "0" in quantity and hitting update. I had to do that with 55 items yesterday since I was adding up how many of the $5.99 buena Vistas I wanted. But I plan to order those after I get more of the 2 for 1 Anchor Bays. Kind of annoying.

#20 of 27 OFFLINE   Bonnie*F

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted February 15 2007 - 05:01 AM

I changed the numbers on my wishlist and then pushed "update" located at the bottom of the page. It worked alright.

Forum Nav Content I Follow