What's new

Personal Finance on the Mac? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Out of curiosity, what do people use for personal finance on the Mac? I've been using MS Money on the PC for years. Is there anything equivalent on the Mac? Can it import MS Money data?

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing that the Mac version is Quicken -- I don't use it so hopefully someone else knows about its data import capabilities.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Been using Quicken on the Mac since '99. You can export MS Money files to QIF format which can then be imported into Quicken. I believe some categories (investments maybe?) don't import from MS Money cleanly, although this may have been resolved in the last couple of years since I last checked on this for someone.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks, that's good to know. I'm used to Money, but Quicken has always been highly regarded. That is a likely switch later this year.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
This thread inspired me to order Quicken 2004 for my Mac. As soon as I put the disc in the drive the system warned me that in April of this year this version will no longer support the ability to import files directly from my bank accounts. Oh well, that's what I get for being cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks