Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Kojak

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   70sTVlover

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator

• 242 posts

Posted February 06 2007 - 04:10 AM

Has anyone got any news on the release of season 2 at all? Season 1 is sold out atm on play.com, I mean Telly Savalas was Jennifer Aniston's godfather and other actors are helping to release shows i.e Hunter, but I doubt she'd even consider it...
I am asking myself why it is quite unpopular? It was an explosive series I believe in the 70's, the same with Hill Street Blues.. Studios have stopped releasing all the really popular shows, why are the fans turning a blind eye?
With Valentines day coming up... Who loves ya baby? Well I would "love" it if Universal would announce season 2...

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   JimmyWilson

JimmyWilson

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted February 07 2007 - 03:57 AM

I also. I don't know why Season 2 has not come along by now. Did Season 1's release occur just to tie it in with the new Kojak TV series? I don't know but let's get going, Universal!

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   chas speed

chas speed

Second Unit

• 402 posts

Posted February 07 2007 - 04:18 PM

It seems like season 2 has been postponed for over a year in the U.K., but they might release season 2 in December in England, No word on anything in the U.S., but I think season 2 (perhaps the shows best season) will get released some day in the U.S. If it gets a U.K. release a U.S. release is not far behind.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted February 08 2007 - 08:17 AM

Telly was Aniston's Godfather? -Isn't it Nicollette Sheridan?

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Ivan G

Ivan G

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted November 14 2007 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas speed
It seems like season 2 has been postponed for over a year in the U.K., but they might release season 2 in December in England, No word on anything in the U.S., but I think season 2 (perhaps the shows best season) will get released some day in the U.S. If it gets a U.K. release a U.S. release is not far behind.
For what it's worth, I just stumbled across this at Play.com:

http://www.play.com/....t/Product.html

Don't know how much stock to put in it, though -- anybody have any additional skinny?
"Life is in color...but black-and-white is more realistic." -- Samuel Fuller, director

My DVD Collection

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   70sTVlover

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator

• 242 posts

Posted November 14 2007 - 08:14 PM

Yeah, they've moved the date back like 3 times already, I'm not expecting it to come out... I even phoned up and asked they didnt have any info.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,119 posts

Posted July 21 2010 - 03:31 AM

Did you guys know that the 2nd and 3rd season are both out in England? I just stumbled on this today. Not a bad price either, considering the exchange rate. I'll wait a while before ordering as I've already picked up a few shows from overseas only to see them get a delayed release here eventually (Ironside, Bionic Woman, Six Million Dollar Man).

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,110 posts

Posted July 24 2010 - 06:33 AM

There has been some discussion about the R2 Kojak second season set in this thread:

Kojak: Season 2

#9 of 11 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted July 26 2010 - 06:20 AM

whats taking so long to release season 2 of kojac

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,109 posts

Posted July 26 2010 - 07:05 AM

There's been a lot of negative feedback on the video quality of the R2 release which is why I haven't been tempted to go for it even with an all-region player now.

I am surprised this title has not been picked up by another label for R1 seeing as how so many Universal titles have been snatched by other entities in recent years.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,119 posts

Posted July 26 2010 - 08:56 AM

I'm more of a Baretta fan myself. That's the one I really would love to see the remaining 3 seasons of.