What's new

help with my LG 37LC2D (1 Viewer)

paulDark

Auditioning
Guys, I'm havin some major trouble, and wanted to know if there was SOMETHING I could do before I get a repair guy over.

My lg 37lc2d TV was working just fine until I come home from work a few days ago. After 9 months, the TV suddenly stopped displaying a picture. I could hear the sound from the cable box just fine, but ABSOLUTELY no picture whatsoever. No channel indicators, no source indicators (like video1, hdmi, svideo, etc). It doesn't even attempt to display anything. I've tried simple things like unplugging the set for awhile and resetting the power of both the tv and cable box to no avail. I see no factory default switch to try and that's about the extend of my tv tech knowledge. I was HOPING somebody here would have a solution. Any help?

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Sounds like a faulty chip/board. You've done all you can do and no is the time to contact LG. LG has a pretty poor reputation in the speedy service department but you've got to get the ball rolling while it's still under warranty. Document all calls and/or correspondence diligently with date, time and person talked to. Good luck

Mort

paulDark

Auditioning
Well, I bought a 3 year warranty with circuit city and they pretty much took care of who to call and send out. They (the repair shop) currently have the TV and I hope to have it back after a few days. All they wanted from me was a copy of the receipt to show LG since it was under a year old. So other than that, I hope everything is alright.

Is a faulty chipset easy to fix with these? If it isn't, then I think I'd prefer they scrap the whole thing and they just give me a newer TV (wouldn't mind, anyway, to have a 1080i (preferably p) hdtv anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks