What's new

Columbo: "Sir, Just One More Thing" (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Since I noticed that Best Buy has placed the Columbo DVD Boxed sets on sale this week at $19.99, I decided it was time to pick these up. While I only picked up the first two seasons, I ordered the rest from Amazon.com. I grew up watching this series when I was growing up along with Macmillan and Wife and Banacek. Been watching nothing but Columbo for the past week and I've become a fan all over again. Now, the question being ... does Universal have plans on releasing the final series of films that led up to the final Columbo episode. I know there is a new release planned but has there been any word on the others? Also, are any of these edited or are they the broadcasted episodes?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
The problem is that there were a slew of mystery movies past the final season:

09 Mystery Movies '89 (1989, 5 episodes)
10 Mystery Movies '90 (1990, 6 episodes)
11 Mystery Movies '91/'92 (1991-1992, 5 episodes)
12 Mystery Movies '93/'94 (1993–1994, 3 episodes)
13 TV Specials (1995–2003, 5 episodes)

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Does anyone know if the sale is still on? When I checked Bestbuy.com I saw that they had reverted back to the $33.99 season set price. On 1/27 I purchased S1 and S2 for the $19.99 price and am enjoying them so much I'm thinking strongly about buying S3 and S4.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Well, I'd say as long as the DVDs sell well enough Universal will keep releasing them. Only time (and sales charts) will tell.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I picked up a few of these at Best Buy also. For some reason, the fifth season was marked $13.99 on all the signage, but the clerk still tries to charge me the $19.99 price. She relented when I told her there were at least two signs that said $13.99, so I did get the lower price on that one.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I purchased the entire original COLUMBO series for between $30 and $33 per volume, and I'm looking forward to the newer ABC-TV movies which revived the show. I had seen all of new series in first-run.

Actually that cover art of the upcoming set is a bit misleading, because by 1989 Peter Falk's hair had already grayed yet it's still black in that drawing.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Well, it's not like Universal has paid any attention in that regard before. :) Just check out the covers from season 2 onwards.

Josh LM

Stunt Coordinator
This thread reminded me that I haven't finished my season 1 boxset of Columbo yet. I just watched the episode Suitable for Framing. I forgot how good this show is. I really enjoy it. I have 3 more episodes left to watch on Season 1, but I also own season 2. I'll have to pick up the remaining sets pretty soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks