-

Photo
- - - - -

ipod shuffle help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Dave Gorman

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor

• 537 posts

Posted February 03 2007 - 01:24 AM

My googling skills seem to be off this morning... I just can't find an answer for something that seems that it shouldn't be difficult!

When I play my ipod shuffle sequentially (I'm not too impressed with the shuffling -- with over 150 songs on my 512mb shuffle, it shouldn't need to repeat 2-3 songs in every 90 minute period), how do I make it play sequentially by title? It only plays sequentially by artist! Last time I synced/filled, I sorted the ipod songlist by title, thinking that should do the trick, but it didn't. What am I overlooking?
...And then there's the guy who saw the sign that said "Wet Floor", so he did.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Jim_F

Jim_F

Screenwriter

• 1,078 posts

Posted February 03 2007 - 04:20 AM

I dunno. Maybe if you sort your library/playlist by title before synching?

I don't get repeats in shuffle mode unless I have duplicates or the transfer is interrupted, leaving me with a partially filled Shuffle. However, if there's a setting that ensures no repeats, I can't find it ATM.
"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember."

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted February 03 2007 - 06:13 AM

The best way to ensure the longest period between repeats (because repeats will happen no matter what with iTunes) is to go into the preferences and select the option for Smart Shuffle and set to 'less likely'. Also make sure the smart shuffle is set to song.

Quote:
I sorted the ipod songlist by title, thinking that should do the trick, but it didn't

Is this the playlist you are syncing from or the actual device playlist? If I set my device playlist (also a shuffle, only 2G) to sort by title then I get the songs sorted by title if I use sequential playback.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Dave Gorman

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor

• 537 posts

Posted February 03 2007 - 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Williams
Is this the playlist you are syncing from or the actual device playlist? If I set my device playlist (also a shuffle, only 2G) to sort by title then I get the songs sorted by title if I use sequential playback.

Device playlist, sorted by name in the display, playing back sequentially by artist.

Maybe I need to empty the ipod and fill it from scratch? Would it make a difference if I only did a partial replace? (...grasping at straws).
...And then there's the guy who saw the sign that said "Wet Floor", so he did.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jason Goodmanso

Jason Goodmanso

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted February 04 2007 - 09:10 AM

What I find that helps is after copying songs to my playlist and ordering them the way I want, is to right click on the playlist name and select "Copy to Play Order" (or something to that effect - not on the iTunes computer at the moment.)

Forum Nav Content I Follow