What's new

Sub question (1 Viewer)

Fernalfer

Agent
Real Name
Brian
I currently have 2 av123 x-ls for fronts a x-cs for center and 2 HTD Level 3 speakers for surrounds. I am currently on pre-order for the MFW-15 SUB from av123. It is not due out until April. Not sure if i can go that long with no SUB.

I mainly use my system for movies but want a SUB that can go real low but still sound good and crisp. Willing tospend no more then $700.00 any suggestions.

This is all powered by a Yamaha RX-V1700.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Brian

If I was you I would seriously consider the HSU VTF-3MKIII for about $752 delivered...however, for $612 delivered, the HSU VTF-3MKII is a terrific sub for both HT and music. Please keep in touch.

PS Please check www.hsuresearch.com

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Fernalfer,

$700 gives you a lot of options (and as Arthur points out, more money gives you even more options) and Internet companies like Hsu and SVS provide a great bang for the buck. How big (in cubic feet) is your space, including large openings to other areas? What kind of material do you listen to? How far from reference do you listen to that material? Knowing the answer to those questions will help us give you the best advice.

-Robb

Fernalfer

Agent
Real Name
Brian
Hi i decided to go with the SVS 20-39 PCi Cylinder Sub. I have heard good things about it and that it is great for movies which is what i want it for. I have never really owned a real SUB besides the Sub that came with my Panasonic HTIB. So hopefully this SVS is a definite step up.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Fernalfer,

Let us know your impressions once you have the thing dialed in.

-Robb

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi Brian

That was a good choice...I have an SVS 20-39PCi for my office system...please let us know how you like your 20-39PCi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks