What's new

The Apartment - new Fox DVD (1 Viewer)

Brian W

Stunt Coordinator
Repackaged or is it now anamorphic?; box does not say anamorphic? Anyone have it to confirm? Thanks!

Brian W

Stunt Coordinator
You may be right, maybe the MGM was anamorphic. The transfer was hideous. I hope Fox did a new transfer.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I re-watched this recently and the PQ was abysmal.

I've been waiting for a remastered disc for years. The original MGM release is easily among the most visually offensive transfers in my collection and I'd be all too thrilled to replace it with a new copy.

Nathan Phillips

Stunt Coordinator
I agree. If there is a new DVD and it's any kind of an improvement, I'd love to have it.

I would also really love for Fox to do something with The Graduate. The PQ on the old release isn't THAT bad (although not anamorphic), but I would still like a better edition. These are two of my all-time favorite movies so I'm more of a nitpicker on their releases than I would normally be, but Apartment is a terrible DVD by any standard IMO.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I don't know where you got your DVD, but mine is most certainly not 1.66:1 and it is also 16x9 enhanced.

Bill:N

Stunt Coordinator
My apologies. I watched this movie as well as 12 Angry Men the other day, both MGM movies, and got the specs switched. I should have double-checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks