Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Whats holding up Adventures of Sinbad?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   tjguitar85

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator

• 166 posts

Posted January 31 2007 - 12:54 PM

A few years ago, TVshowsonDVD reported a Canadian-only release for season 1. I imagine these would work in the US as Canada is also region 1...nonetheless now that release seems to be out of print. Season Two was never released? Is there a rights holdup or something? Why was it only put out in Canada and not the US? Out of all those syndicated action/adventures, this one was my favorite! Though the first season was better than the second in my opinion. Nonetheless, would love to see some season sets of this in the states.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter

• 1,435 posts

Posted January 31 2007 - 01:43 PM

I think the hold-up lies in the fact no US DVD company has picked up the rights to the show. That's my guess, but Gord Lacey may know more about it.
ENTERLINE MEDIA (entertainment articles and DVD/Movie/TV show reviews)

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Will_C

Will_C

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted February 04 2007 - 05:23 AM

I bought S1 back in '04 from Amazon.ca. As Canada is Region 1, they work fine in players purchased in the US. In other words, if you can get your hands on a set, you shouldn't have any trouble watching it. As for season 2, S1 may not have sold well enough for the company to allocate resources for producing the final season when they can make more profit on other properties. This is purely my speculation, mind you. I was worried when Forever Knight S1 had poor sales, and Sony gave indications that they were dropping the series. But thank the Lord they ended up putting out seasons 2 and 3. Universal reported poor sales for Airwolf S1, but 1.5 yrs later we just got S2 and they've announced S3 for a May release. It can take a while, but I've noticed that things we really want end up coming out sooner or later. In the case of older, more obscure titles, it may be later, but I like to think that we will eventually have Adventures of Sinbad season 2. And good luck on finding yourself a copy of season 1, I'm sure you're keeping an eye on eBay.
Rick Hunter
USMC Force Recon Scout Sniper
"If you run, you'll only die tired."

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,051 posts

Posted February 04 2007 - 01:10 PM

I also picked it up a few years ago. I also just ordered the show "Cobra" from Amazon.ca. It also is only being released in Canada. Talk about a show that I didn't think would be released. Which figures since a few months ago. I transferred by old vhs copies of the show to dvd.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Will_C

Will_C

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted February 04 2007 - 04:14 PM

I just ordered Cobra myself. Hope to see Street Justice S2, Stingray and Hawkeye come out. I'll be ordering those from Amazon.ca since they can't seem to get some of these shows out in the US.
Rick Hunter
USMC Force Recon Scout Sniper
"If you run, you'll only die tired."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users