What's new

Buy 1 Get 1 Free Anchor Bay @ DDD (1 Viewer)

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Just got the email, buy 1 get 1 free on select anchor bay titles at deepdiscountdvd.

Browsing the listing, the entire hercules: TLJ series, Xena, Highlander, Silk Stalkings.

I just picked up all 6 seasons of Hercules for a measly $53.97

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Some other series: 3rd rock from the sun, 21 jump street, doogie howser....

Offer expires February 21st:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/promo...e=abdb1g1_0107

When you consider that the Xena's originally had a MSRP of something like $79.98 and now you can get all six seasons for around $90...this is crazy. They must be trying to move units?

Josh LM

Stunt Coordinator
I think I'll probably pick up all of 21 Jump Street, 3rd Rock, and Hunter. They may be a few others on there I want to, judging by how cheap they are.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
deepdiscount and amazon have buy one get one free sales practically every month on major studio TV titles.

This Zena/Herc etc. sale was also on I think last October, then it was buy-one-get one free for A&E , Sony/Screen Gems titles, and Fox. They had a buy 2 get one free on some of the Sonys last week. Not as good as 1 for 1.

amazon just finished a 50% off sale on Fox TV titles. Things are quiet today at amazon, but click on the DVD Blowouts tab every now and then to see the list of different sales they have.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping they'd wait a few months before doing the Anchor Bay stuff. I'm broke from the Sony sale. But I'll have to just afford more. Know what I mean? :laugh:

EDIT: can't get the DDD shopping cart to work without erroring out. It's for the best.... :frowning: Who am I kidding, I'll have to order near the deadline when everything is on backorder.

My shopping cart
Herc 2-6 (definately)
Xena 3-6 (definately)
3's company 2 (definately)
3's company 3-8 (maybe)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I think I hit the sale pretty good... I just ordered from the sale..
  1. Three's Company: Season 4
  2. Three's Company: Season 5
  3. Three's Company: Season 6
  4. Three's Company: Season 7
  5. Three's Company: Season 8
  6. Titus: Seasons 1 & 2
  7. Titus: Season 3
  8. Sledge Hammer!: Season 1
  9. Sledge Hammer!: Season 2
  10. Roseanne: Season 1
  11. Roseanne: Season 2
  12. Roseanne: Season 3
  13. Hunter: Season 1
  14. Hunter: Season 2
  15. Hunter: Season 3
  16. Game Over: The Complete Series
So not bad... spent only $17.99 each on 8 sets and got another 8 sets free.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
when is Buena Vista gonna stop being greedy and play this game as well? I know a lot of people who'd buy Lost, Golden Girls and Alias if only there was a special on them for once

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Along with Herc, Xena and 3's Company (3 shows I'm dying to complete) last year they had a sale with Lost in Space 2 for 1. I couldn't afford any of them. I hope they repeat the Lost in Space....but wait a few months after this one's over.

Well, add Rosanne 1-6 to my list above. I've thought about 3rd Rock too. Darn these sales!

Anyway, I figured I can order Herc, Xena and one season of 3's Company tomorrow!! Hooray!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

The rest will have to be ordered at the last minute. Feb 20th. Last sale I was going to wait about ordering The Jeffersons on the last day of the sale but they ended it on the deadline itself. Just a word of warning: the last day you'll be able to order will be Feb 20th not Feb 21st. I found out the hard way. No Jeffersons at all. :frowning:

LindseyS

Stunt Coordinator

I was seriously just thinking that. I like the Golden Girls, but since it comes on in syndication frequently, I'd probably only consider buying the seasons if there was a good sale like this one.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Fellow cheapskates, dont't forget: You can save more by breaking up a large buy-one-get-one-free order into two or more separate orders of things with the same price.

For example: If you bought all six seasons of Herc and Zena on one order it would cost $179.00. The six seasons of Hercules on a single order would cost $53.97. A second order of all six Xena seasons would cost $89.97. $143.94 total for the two orders. You save $36.00, that way and can now afford to buy another favorite on release day.

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Yep. I bought all herc in one order and all of Xena/Highlander in another...oye.

Now if only they'd have a sale on ADV stuff...and if only ADV would actually keep pressing their shows.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Amazon has had some good sales on MGM and Fox TV titles in the past month or so...I bought all of Angel and X-Files with two of their sales, getting the Angel and X-File slim sets for less than $20 each. I could probably have done better at Sam's Club or someplace similar, but with my Amazon Prime membership, this was good enough for me!
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Josh LM

Stunt Coordinator

Why is it less money in separate orders?
Nevermind, I didn't realize that the sets had different prices.

Josh LM

Stunt Coordinator
On another note, on the new DD site, did any other Canadians notice that shipping now costs 16.95 instead of 5.95 on the old site. This makes me mad because they completely got rid of the canadian deepdiscount, which had free shipping to canada.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Uh oh. I just noticed the link to the anchor bay sale is gone.

What happened? They said the sale was going to end Feb 21st! I was going to order 3 separate series on Feb 20th!!

*throws tantrum*

My next order may be with amazon. and the one after that....and the one after that... and {infinity} ..............

EDIT: Strike that! Strike that! I just noticed it's there now. But it wasn't before. Keep refreshing if it isn't there the first time. Whew!!!

Seems to have a new link too:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/Anchor-B...BU YONEGETONE

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
I've been trying to get the 2 for 1 to work but the web page still totals both items as full price; would one being out of stock be the culprit? Also not accepting the 20percent code :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks