What's new

M*A*S*H - Martinis and Medicine Complete Collection (1 Viewer)

Jeff F.

Second Unit
Over the holidays, I saw a box set featuring the entire "M*A*S*H" series, entitled the "Martinis and Medicine Complete Collection." I thought I would wait until I recovered from my reckless holiday spending before putting out the money for this set, but now I can only find used and over-priced copies from owners trying to sell them on Amazon and E-Bay. I especially wanted a couple of bonus DVDs not included in the separate season sets. Was this only available for a limited time and now out of print?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
pretty much.

I got the same problem.. I told my uncle about it during christmas, and not its gone.

Jacob

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I read that they used the syndication print again for "Our Finest Hour." According to FOX, that is the best print available, but others have the Columbia House VHS with the complete show, and I hear it's a much better print than the dvd version.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
The set is on moratorium, and I presume it's for good. I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing it during the tiny time window in which it was available.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen it at the local Target about 2 weeks ago. It's a long-shot but a possibility. It's not in the on-line catalog.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I read like the complete Buffy which was released during the holidays in 2005 and was available again during the 2006 holidays, the complete MASH may appear again during the next holiday season

Jeff F.

Second Unit
Thanks everyone. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will be re-released later this year for the holidays.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
My Best Buy still has 2 copies for $199.99. So they're still out there (abiet not deeply discounted)

Dan-P

Stunt Coordinator
Something is going on with this set. After having not seen it for months, I went into a store yesterday and they must have had about 30 copies, priced at about $155. I also looked on eBay and saw that prices have come down to about that point or less.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
They must have reprinted it. Costco has tons of them at $155, and starting on the 10th with a coupon, they are $35 off from that price. So they can be had for $120. If I hadn't spent so much money lately I would grab one, and by the way, the set comes with a free T-shirt and Dog Tags.

Mary_P

Second Unit
Do you know if the coupon is something that's coming in one of those Passport dealies? (Should I just shut up and go check my mailbox? :D )

Thanks for the great news. I missed out on this last Nov/Dec and would love to add it to the collection.

Mary

Blu

Screenwriter
Perhaps it was pulled because of the packaging?
I have read where the discs are easily scratched by the cardboard backing.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I got mine last December at Costco for the $120. Didn't even need a physical coupon. They had the $155 price hanging above the end-aisle display, with another sign about instant-savings of $35. GREAT price for this set!

And while I'm not thrilled with the cardboard sleeves, I haven't noticed any scratching at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks