What's new

ET, Jaws and Jurrasic coming to HD DVD? (1 Viewer)

JohnPhi

Stunt Coordinator
Someone at dvdfile posted that these are now part of the upcoming list. There were links to an avs thread as well as to the hd dvd promo group website. Is this true? I dont have access to avs and I thought the universal guy stated there are no plans for any spielberg at this time

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
It looks like the list they've had posted since mid-2006, with a couple of title and date changes/additions. IIRC, the Spielberg films have always been listed.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
This version of the document is definitely new. Its creation date is listed as 1/29/2007 1:38:37AM in the document properties.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
The document may have been updated, but various revisions of the list have been available at that specific link for months.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I'd be a lot more impressed if a great deal of those movies hadn't been on the list for the last year, or if they had anything more than "TBD" in Japanese on them. I'm seeing a lot of people elsewhere yet again proclaiming Blu-ray's death since these titles are obviously coming out this year. Well, in January of 2006 the PRG list had Shawshank, the Star Trek films, Deadwood, and about 75% of the "TBD" titles from this "new list", and we haven't heard peep about them. Not to mention they've got several glaring errors, such as The Aviator and The Shining coming from Universal, when they're Warner films; or any New Line title when it's been stated they will be TotalHD.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
ET and Jurassic Park were released on MUSE (analog HD) laserdisc in the '90s, so it makes sense they would come to a digital HD disc sooner or later.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
If true, this is VERY, VERY good news. Wow. All 3 of those are MUST buys. Combo/ultra Combo/Jurassic Park-Jaws Big Teeth Edition...who cares. :D...I'm all over these. :)

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
If even one of those three films saw the light of day on HD DVD this year that would be a definite boost to the format.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Well thankfully we have people here that are more level headed than to use this news to inflame more war propaganda. That's one reason I try not to venture over to those "other sites". Too much negativity.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
If Jaws comes to HD, it'll no doubt be the killer HD app, in my opinion (until Star Wars comes out).

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know how many DVDs those 3 Spielberg's have sold? I'm thinking the 2 Pirates BDs will dwarf the sales of those 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks