What's new

Poor/Muffled audio with Starmate4 home dock kit. (1 Viewer)

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Heyya, fellas. I got Sirius for Christmas!

Okay, now to the nitty gritty. It came with a car kit but I also got a home dock kit with the Starmate 4. I hooked everything up with the included 1/8" mini-jack to L/R RCA cable to my Denon 1802 receiver. When I first got it setup it first sounded gritty and fuzzy.

I soon realized that I had to turn the audio level down in the menu in the Starmate. After that it was better, but I thought it was slightly unclear. I proceeded to unplug the 1/8" end from the dock station and plugged it into my new Ipod Shuffle (also a Christmas gift - from the brother/sister-in-law). The Ipod produced stunningly clear audio, which is what I expected.

I then plugged it right back into the dock station and it then sounded VERY muffled.

I have yet to try the FM transmitter for testing purposes, but has anyone else enountered this? I get used to it after a while. Jazz doesn't sound so bad.. sounds kind of classic :) .. but it's just not what I expected. I am getting 2-3 bars of reception, too.

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Maybe I'm too critical. Maybe that's just how Satellite radio is supposed to sound.

I tried the FM transmitter last night but I assume I need an fm antenna in my receiver, as I picked up nothing but static.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks