Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

picture problems: Color saturation when using S-video

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Ray Ruggaurs

Ray Ruggaurs

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted January 28 2007 - 10:33 PM

hey all!

I've recently upgraded my video game system from composite to s-video and I've noticed that the picture comes out weird such has:
colors are very bright - washing out details. For example grass greens come out fluoro greens.
its harder to read text on the screen, especially text in bright colors since it gets washed out.

I've seen the difference between component and composite video, so I don't think its my over reaction to the superior color reproduction of s-video.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Much appreciated! Thanks!

#2 of 4 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted January 29 2007 - 09:43 AM

You probably just need to re-do some settings(color, brightness, contrast). Every input looks different.

#3 of 4 Ray Ruggaurs

Ray Ruggaurs

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted January 29 2007 - 10:20 PM

okay thanks I'll give that a try!

#4 of 4 Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh

Producer

• 5,183 posts

Posted January 30 2007 - 02:08 PM

Usually SVideo gives more solid colors and sharper lines.

The better TV's have separate brightness/contrast settings for each input. This is desirable because your CATV box, DVD player, Game system all produce different voltages, colors, etc. So you want the ability to adjust each input individually.

Can your game system play DVD's? If so, buy or rent a copy if either "Video Digital Essentials" or "Avia". These DVD's come with tutorials and test-patterns that show you how to adjust each setting.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users