-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

"The Little Match Girl" (1937)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 rob kilbride

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor

• 711 posts

Posted January 28 2007 - 04:23 PM

Has this Charles Mintz cartoon ever been released on DVD. I truly loved the new Disney version and am very curious to see this.

#2 of 5 BernieV

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted January 29 2007 - 01:56 AM

I'm not sure if this animation is the same one, but you can probably tell from the artwork.

#3 of 5 rob kilbride

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor

• 711 posts

Posted January 30 2007 - 05:35 PM

Looks like a live action version.

#4 of 5 BernieV

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted February 01 2007 - 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob kilbride
Looks like a live action version.
Most listings indicate Format: Animated, Closed-captioned, Color, NTSC. Run time for the original was 8m, which fits with the DVD's total time of 60m [6 features]. I assume the drawing of woman and child in the Christmas tree ornament was taken from the title story. If you're familiar with the work, however, you can judge for yourself.

#5 of 5 WadeM

WadeM

Supporting Actor

• 894 posts

Posted February 01 2007 - 12:43 PM

You can see screenshots that lay out the storyline of that short here: http://www.animation....php?t2403.html

Unfortunately, it hasn't seen an official release yet (at least in R1--not sure about other regions), but I'm certainly hoping for it, along with the other Color Rhapsody cartoons. Even though it was nominated for an Academy Award, it just doesn't seem to be that well known. I only knew about it through Leonard Maltin's Of Mice and Magic book.