What's new

Boston debut and Don't Look Back Remastered! (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
And Tom Sholz contributed!! He has never been a fan of digital but says these remasters are quite pleasing to his ear. There is a great article written about many of the changes done in the new remastered and his thoughts on digital and Mp3.

I have been rediscovering my classic rock CD collection as of late (I'm really missing the headroom and impact of older recordings compared to the mostly cranked up crap released today) and this is a timely pleasant surprise!

Tom on the changes:

Oh boy I can't wait to pick these up!!!

http://bandboston.com/html/news_html.html

Scroll down a bit for the Sound & Vision article.

Brad M

Second Unit
I picked these up a few weeks ago. They do sound great! I did a side by side comparison and was shocked at how clean these remasters are. If you are a fan these are must haves.

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
Great article....so are these SACD's then?

I assume since he spoke so poorly of 16 bit audio. I'm surprised Sony let him say the DVD-A word :)

The first band I really liked...will for sure pick them up but what exactly am I looking for?

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
Picked up Boston 2006 re-master yesterday.

AWESOME

It's packaged in a carboard sleave, with a 2006 remaster label on the front.
Must go today and get Don't Look Back.

Truely, the originals do not compare to these. Although they are Red Book CD's, they are fantastic.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Tom Scholz has just sued everyone who has participated in this discussion of the remasters.

Seriously, I look forward to picking these up.

Paul

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I picked these up a while ago, and while Boston sounds better, Don't Look Back isn't that much of an improvement IMO. That said, I am somewhat nervous that my copy may not be legit, or at least the final version, as the liner notes say the disc was mastered by Mark Wilder, while the back covers credit Scholz. The liner notes also list a 9th track (Help Me-Live) which isn't on the disc. Anyone know what's up with that?

Both these CDs are in jewel cases and are BMG Direct versions.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
Sony remastered the cds. Tom didn't know anything about it, didn't like how they sounded, and demanded they be pulled. He remastered them himself and they were released again. The Boston website had a letter from Tom explaining it. I would call BMG and ask that they get you one of the new "Don't Look Back" remasters.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I don't think the original remasters were released (could be wrong, but this CD doesn't have the bonus track). I suspect the BMG had the original packaging printed (with the wrong credits), and swapped in new rear inserts.

However, to satisfy my curiosity, could someone confirm whether the mint marks on the discs are the same as what I have - these are on the inner ring of the disc:

Boston: CTDP 144505 2 - disc is yellow/red print
UPC 69699 86322 2
Don't Look Back: CTDP 14474R - disc is green with blue print
UPC: 82876 82241 2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks