What's new

The Last Kiss -the best DVD? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Jason
Ok, so this week I went out and I bought Saw III, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, and The Last Kiss for my girlfriend. Oddly enough, we both enjoyed The Last Kiss (of course she did, I know...) more than either of the other 2. The Last Kiss was a pretty decent movie for a guy or a girl, and it was great to watch with a girl. The cover looks kinda girly, but the movie was good! Saw III and Texas Chainsaw: Let's get back to movies that scare us, not gross us out. Oh yeah, and that hot girl from the OC, Rachel Bilson is in The Last Kiss too.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
"The best DVD" - compared to what? Hated the movie, not sure what would qualify it as "the best DVD" even if I'd liked it...

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I loved this movie. It's a difficult and serious movie. I think women will like it less.

Joel C

Screenwriter
My girlfriend and I both hated this movie. While struggles of the main characters to come to grips with committment were relatable, the way they went about it ("I'll sleep with a brainless college sophomore!") were annoying. The characters were all one-dimensional, especially the young mother who is shown doing nothing but nagging Casey Affleck is the bitchiest manner possible.

I also really disliked the way they presented Rachel Bilson's character -- aside from her sexual forthrightnes, she behaved more like a high school sophomore ("OMG I made you a mixtape! LOL!").

I'm also getting to a point where even looking at Zach Braff and his stupid feeling face makes me want to hit something. ANd to think I really liked Garden State.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I enjoyed the movie, but not near as much as "Garden State." You really needed to look no further than his group of friends to see why he would have the freak out regarding being a father and marriage. Each one represented, and struggled with, an aspect of his approaching life that he would fear. The Rachel Bilsson character was a very convenient person to meet who's character served very little else but to be a too willing participant in his crisis -- but each person matures in their own time and I know quite a few thirty-somethings who are no more or less mature than she was.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson

As someone currently in college (I'm a junior), I can attest that the portrayal of Rachel Bilson character comes eerily close to many of the girls I've encountered on campus.

IanDP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian
I just saw this movie, and I was pleasantly surprised. The acting was very good, by a nice talented group. The dialogue was spot-on, very real, very believable.
The only thing that was strange is how the movie was like two movies in one. The first half of the movie seemed equally focused on all his friends, and was very much a comedy, but then the second half of the movie switched into drama mode and focused strictly on Zach and his relationship(s).
I still loved the movie. It kind of "spoke to me" since I watched it the week before I turned 30.
It was basically a "guy" movie disguised as a chick flick, sort of like "Beautiful Girls".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks