Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Fastest Time you've completed a tv on dvd set?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 of 24 OFFLINE   Josh LM

Josh LM

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted January 24 2007 - 04:28 PM

What's the fastest you've ever finished watching a tv on dvd set. And we're talking full length seasons here, not Three's Company Season 1.

I finished Prison Break Season 1 in 2 days. I watched 12 episodes the first day, and 10 the next. That same day I watched 5 season 2 episodes on my computer for a total of 15 hour long episodes in one day.
I also finished Season 5 of Seinfeld in 2 days. I watched 19 episodes the first day, and 3 the next.
My father wears shoes in the pool.

#2 of 24 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted January 24 2007 - 07:52 PM

Well... lets see... a full season half hour show... like three's Company: Season 2... I have done in 1 day.

An hour long full season show... like Alias... I have done in 2 days.

my quickest I ever done anything would have to be all 7 Seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer watched in only 12 days.

#3 of 24 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted January 25 2007 - 01:09 AM

Man, you guys are fast Posted Image I think the fastest I've been through a season set was about 4 weeks for "Murder One" S1. Since I always have multiple TV/DVD sets in progress, it takes me a while before completing a set. Currently, I'm "speeding" (fror me, that is...) through "Perry Mason" S1.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#4 of 24 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 05:46 AM

I prefer spacing episodes out, but I burned through Simpsons S5 in about 4 days.

#5 of 24 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,316 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 25 2007 - 06:51 AM

Proving I've got oodles of free time, I watched all (every episode, every commentary, every special feature, every easter egg) of The Simpsons: Season Eight in two and a half days. It's only four discs but they're loaded discs.

#6 of 24 OFFLINE   Chris Roberts

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator

• 223 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 07:02 AM

LOST: Season 1 - Nonstop.

I win.

#7 of 24 OFFLINE   ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait

Screenwriter

• 2,187 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 08:49 AM

The fastest I ever finished a season was Veronica Mars Season 1. I finished that in 6 days, one disc a night.

#8 of 24 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 09:06 AM

I also prefer to pace out watching a series. For Freaks and Geeks I purposely spaced it out to only one or two episodes a day. I didn't want to come to the end too quickly.

I recall going through Seasons 1, 2, and 3 of All Creatures.... very quickly. This was always one of my favorite TV series and it had been a while since I had seen the show on our PBS station.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#9 of 24 OFFLINE   jacktripper1

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 09:13 AM

I watched Jeffersons eason 1, Tabitha Entire Series, and half of nanny season 2 in 9 hours.

#10 of 24 OFFLINE   Dean C

Dean C

Second Unit

• 361 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 09:48 AM

I Lose badly

I watched a borrowed set of the original Battlestar Galactica in 1 day straight. All day on a Sunday.

I watched season 2 of Gilligan's Island in 5hrs cause wow it was finally in colour.

1 season of Frasier in one night started at 6pm ended watching around 930am. Non Stop I was hooked. OOps that was season 5.

#11 of 24 OFFLINE   Amit Ashar

Amit Ashar

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 09:52 AM

Alias Season 2. Started it on a Friday, and finished on Sunday with enough time to watch all 9 season 3 episodes that that had aired at that point. I got through all of those just in time to watch the newest episode that aired that night.

#12 of 24 OFFLINE   Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh LM
What's the fastest you've ever finished watching a tv on dvd set. And we're talking full length seasons here, not Three's Company Season 1.

I finished Prison Break Season 1 in 2 days. I watched 12 episodes the first day, and 10 the next. That same day I watched 5 season 2 episodes on my computer for a total of 15 hour long episodes in one day.
I also finished Season 5 of Seinfeld in 2 days. I watched 19 episodes the first day, and 3 the next.

Sorry, nowhere close...but I generally don't watch a season in a day. I break it up into 2 episodes per day, as I have with Buffy and Charmed, and now X-Files and Star Trek: TNG. Although, I did make it through four seasons of ``The Dead Zone'' in probably about four weeks or so, but to be fair, those seasons were shorter since they're the summer not the fall length.

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#13 of 24 OFFLINE   Mary_P

Mary_P

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean C
I watched season 2 of Gilligan's Island in 5hrs cause wow it was finally in colour.
How do you watch more than 13 hours of running time in 5 hours? Doesn't it hurt your brain to watch for that long in fast-forward mode? Posted Image

Me, I'm not anywhere near as fast as you guys. I manage an episode or two a day, around other commitments and new stuff that's airing first-run. And lately, I'm cycling through different series each day, just to keep things from getting too tired. It'll probably take me almost as long to go through "The Dick Van Dyke Show" as the show was originally on the air....

Probably the fastest I ever went through anything was "Sports Night," if only because once I started a disc, it was hard for me to turn it off; I'd just keep letting it roll into the next episode, and the next, and the next.... But even so, it took me more than a week to get through the two seasons.

#14 of 24 OFFLINE   Josh LM

Josh LM

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean C
I Lose badly

I watched a borrowed set of the original Battlestar Galactica in 1 day straight. All day on a Sunday.

1 season of Frasier in one night started at 6pm ended watching around 930am. Non Stop I was hooked. OOps that was season 5.

I'm also wondering how it took you 15.5 hours to watch season 5 of Frasier "Non-stop". The Season is only about 9 hours long.
My father wears shoes in the pool.

#15 of 24 OFFLINE   KurtEP

KurtEP

Supporting Actor

• 698 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Roberts
LOST: Season 1 - Nonstop.

I win.

Well, I had a half hour pause between when I took out the disk I'd Netflixed and went to Target to buy the box set. I guess I lose. Posted Image
Lay down your law books now, they're no damned good -- The Eagles

#16 of 24 OFFLINE   StacyV

StacyV

Second Unit

• 282 posts

Posted January 26 2007 - 05:07 AM

It was either season 2 or 3 of Soap, watched the whole set in less than 24 hours

#17 of 24 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,284 posts

Posted January 26 2007 - 06:16 AM

You can count on me to "Bring up the Rear"Posted Image At the rate of 1 show per week I anticipate completing my collection of "Little House on the Prairie" about the time the Vancouver Olympics Begin!Posted Image

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 36,417 :biggrin: ( 757 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,424  :biggrin: Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#18 of 24 OFFLINE   GlennWD

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted January 26 2007 - 06:39 AM

During my vacation I watched all 11 Seasons of M*A*S*H in 7 days. My Brain hurt, Had No Sleep, but I loved it!
Best of Film - Jaws, The Godfather Part I & II, Casablanca, M, Citzen Kane, Ben-Hur, The French Connection, Rear Window, King Kong.

Best of Television - The Twilight Zone, M*A*S*H, Night Gallery, I Love Lucy, Hogan's Heroes, Cheers, Monty Python's Flying Circus.

My DVD Collection

#19 of 24 OFFLINE   Bill>Moore

Bill>Moore

Second Unit

• 366 posts

Posted January 26 2007 - 09:49 AM

I usually space the eps out a bit. I rarely watch more than four eps of one particular show in a single day. Exception being Curb Your Enthusiasm - I've watched through all of each season with my girlfriend in single sittings on DVD when they were each released. Ten eps back to back.

Fastest ever for a single full-season (20 eps or more) show would probably be about a week for a couple of shows (Alias, SG-1).

#20 of 24 OFFLINE   Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted January 27 2007 - 08:43 PM

I watched Lost: Season 1 and Alias: Season 4 (I think) both in 2 days each.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow