What's new

Official dates for Pirates 1 & 2 / Cars (1 Viewer)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Hi Def Digest

5/22 for Pirates 1 & 2

6/5 for the first Pixar to hd Cars

htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Put me down for all 3 and looking forward not only to the hdef video but the audio upgrade that is sure to be included.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Same here. All three represent what I think are the top three releases currently announced on either format. It is also nice to see them releasing both Pirates one along with two.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
None for me. Cars, a good one time see. Pirates, while good, have very little rewatch factor.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
For my personal taste, I am more excited for Master and Commander than these (and Man on Fire)...but that's because of the films. That said, if Fox does for M&C what they did for Kingdom of Heaven...I'll be extremely excited :)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Too late! (too bad for them!) I got Pirates 2 and Cars on DVD and I'm not double dipping this soon.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Two pirates for me. I passed on the second pirates DVD just for this reason. Doubt I'll pick up Cars though. It's the only Pixar movie I don't own. Rented it and thought it was fair. Bring me Monster's Inc and The Incredibles please. :)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I will definitely pick up both Pirates movies.

I just hope the first movie is a HUGE improvement over the SD DVD which was disappointing from a video perspective.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am also planing on picking up both Pirates Of The Caribbean titles in HD! My only concern right now is if Disney is going to include a lossless Dolby or DTS track or will it end up being a 5.1 PCM? I would like to see a 6.1 or 7.1 lossless DTS-Master Audio or Dolby True HD used. :emoji_thumbsup:

I will also most likely pick up Cars in HD as I have held off on buying the DVD. Mostly because HD titles have been receiving the majority of my spendable income. ;)

MarekM

Supporting Actor

Dave ;) what about AVC coding :) plus at least LPCM 7.1 :) (of course DTS HD MA or DolbyTrueHD will save a lot of space for other FEATURES)

I hope it will be PACKED up to last bit....

Marek

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
All three will be mine. I couldn't wait for anannouncement back in Dec. so I picked up the DVD of Dead Man's Chest to enjoy in the meantime, but looking forward to it in Blu!

DanR

Supporting Actor
I'll be picking up both Pirates movies. I rented the DVD of Cars, and wasn't a big fan of it; I thought it was the weakest of the Pixar movies.

Regards,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks