Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Stargate BD Owners UNITE and Insist Lionsgate fix it (number to call in thread)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,737 posts

Posted January 24 2007 - 05:16 AM

Attention All Stargate Blu-Ray Disc owners:

The problem:

As you may be aware, there is an error in the way this disc was mastered. During the movie, there are old Egyptian and alien languages spoken which should be subtitled. In the theater these subs were burned in. In previous DVD releases, these were player generated, but appeared at the appropriate times.

On the new BD disc, the only way to see these subtitles is to enable all subtitles. Which means that if you want to understand the old Egyptian lines, or the alien language Ra and the people on the distant world speak, you must enable all subtitles, including those for the English language that is spoken in the rest of the film.

What you can do:

Please call Lionsgate at (310) 449-9200 and ask for customer service for defective discs. Explain the situation (chances are you'll get a voicemail -- I've made 2 calls to the office I haven't gotten through to a live person in the CS department).

Do not email Lionsgate, because each time I've tried to email, I get a bounced message saying the email is undeliverable.

So far, I've left my name, number, and described the disc's problems and have yet to receive a call back. Maybe I'm the only one doing this and they feel they can ignore me.

My hope is that if more people call this number, that will show Lionsgate that we are serious about wanting this error fixed, and replacement discs shipped to those of us who already purchased the discs.

Thanks to all who are willing to help with this effort!

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,523 posts

Posted January 24 2007 - 05:37 AM

Got this disc for Christmas and have yet to watch it but I had no idea there was a problem with the mastering. I'll definitely be giving them a call. Thanks for the heads up!
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,737 posts

Posted January 24 2007 - 07:57 AM

Chris, if your experience differs from mine (i.e. you actually speak to a person), please post that information in this thread. Maybe if we can get a person who is responsible, we may be able to get some action on Lionsgate's part. Leaving a bunch of messages on a voicemail for CS isn't really a satisfying resolution to this problem, especially since I have not received a callback.

Thanks!

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Cavan.B

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator

• 109 posts

Posted January 24 2007 - 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Medina
During the movie, there are old Egyptian and alien languages spoken which should be subtitled. In the theater these subs were burned in. In previous DVD releases, these were player generated, but appeared at the appropriate times.

I'm pretty sure the Artisan DVD's had burned-in subs; I just watched it not too long ago.
"...the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes." -- Sen. Ted Stevens (AK)

"Who do you wanna nuke, Barack? Who are you afraid of?" -- Fmr. Sen. Mike Gravel

Those round, shiny things...

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins

Screenwriter

• 1,765 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 03:05 AM

Unfortunately, this is nothing new for Lions Gate. They had the same problem on one of the reissues of Rambo III on standard DVD . I don't think they ever fixed it until they redid the entire series again. If history holds true, they'll be 3 more versions of Stargate released in the next 5 years just like they did on DVD with Basic Instinct, Total Recall, Terminator 2, etc.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,737 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 06:52 AM

Regardless of LG's history, if affected people could please still call the number and, perhaps we can get action. If we do nothing based on their past history, then we all will have to live with defective discs.

Please give their number a call.

Thanks!

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,737 posts

Posted January 29 2007 - 05:49 PM

So has anyone had any luck getting through to their CS department and speaking to a live human being?

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,523 posts

Posted January 30 2007 - 01:59 AM

Not yet but I honestly haven't tried again since last week (been away on business). If I have a chance I'll give them another call today.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!