What's new

Stargate BD Owners UNITE and Insist Lionsgate fix it (number to call in thread) (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Attention All Stargate Blu-Ray Disc owners:

The problem:

As you may be aware, there is an error in the way this disc was mastered. During the movie, there are old Egyptian and alien languages spoken which should be subtitled. In the theater these subs were burned in. In previous DVD releases, these were player generated, but appeared at the appropriate times.

On the new BD disc, the only way to see these subtitles is to enable all subtitles. Which means that if you want to understand the old Egyptian lines, or the alien language Ra and the people on the distant world speak, you must enable all subtitles, including those for the English language that is spoken in the rest of the film.

What you can do:

Please call Lionsgate at (310) 449-9200 and ask for customer service for defective discs. Explain the situation (chances are you'll get a voicemail -- I've made 2 calls to the office I haven't gotten through to a live person in the CS department).

Do not email Lionsgate, because each time I've tried to email, I get a bounced message saying the email is undeliverable.

So far, I've left my name, number, and described the disc's problems and have yet to receive a call back. Maybe I'm the only one doing this and they feel they can ignore me.

My hope is that if more people call this number, that will show Lionsgate that we are serious about wanting this error fixed, and replacement discs shipped to those of us who already purchased the discs.

Thanks to all who are willing to help with this effort!

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Got this disc for Christmas and have yet to watch it but I had no idea there was a problem with the mastering. I'll definitely be giving them a call. Thanks for the heads up!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Chris, if your experience differs from mine (i.e. you actually speak to a person), please post that information in this thread. Maybe if we can get a person who is responsible, we may be able to get some action on Lionsgate's part. Leaving a bunch of messages on a voicemail for CS isn't really a satisfying resolution to this problem, especially since I have not received a callback.

Thanks!

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator

I'm pretty sure the Artisan DVD's had burned-in subs; I just watched it not too long ago.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Unfortunately, this is nothing new for Lions Gate. They had the same problem on one of the reissues of Rambo III on standard DVD . I don't think they ever fixed it until they redid the entire series again. If history holds true, they'll be 3 more versions of Stargate released in the next 5 years just like they did on DVD with Basic Instinct, Total Recall, Terminator 2, etc.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Regardless of LG's history, if affected people could please still call the number and, perhaps we can get action. If we do nothing based on their past history, then we all will have to live with defective discs.

Please give their number a call.

Thanks!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
So has anyone had any luck getting through to their CS department and speaking to a live human being?

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Not yet but I honestly haven't tried again since last week (been away on business). If I have a chance I'll give them another call today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks