Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Went to Best Buy for Jesus camp. They lost them all!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Harpozep

Harpozep

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted January 23 2007 - 02:53 PM

This is the fourth time I've gone to BB armed with a list of what comes out on Tuesday and they cannot find some of the titles even though their computer says they have the titles!Posted Image
Today ten copies of Jesus camp went missing. The clerk looked it up, went to the back room , found nothing, and said, "They could be anywhere".
I looked for another forty minutes and gave up. Just frustrating , is what it is. Posted Image These Big Box stores come in, run out a lot of the more service oriented stores and this is what we get!Posted Image

I've gotten DVDs from their back room numerous times LATE on Tuesdays-they just don't seem to care to get the titles out.
But today again, an entire title just vanished, lost in the piles of crud .
Anyway, I'm just venting and figure I'll be getting less and less from that joke of a store.
Time to pay off the credit card and start ordering online. Who needs this aggravation!!Posted Image
Best,
Robert

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Bob clamer

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted January 23 2007 - 03:47 PM

Been there, done that! Your best bet is to just go online and do the in-store pickup and what for the notification to come through instead of wasting your time at the store asking clerks that basically have no idea what they are doing (or care for that matter) or what they are even selling on the new release days. Only place I have seen that is worse then BB is Circuit City. Have item advertised in their weekly flyer and don't have the item in the store. I've been at a CC store as soon as they open only to be told that it is not available for in the store. Online only. Why advertise it for the week if you are not going to carry it. Makes no sense but...

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Harpozep

Harpozep

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted January 24 2007 - 12:44 AM

Yeah, the clerks very rarely know what's going on. I guess these big box stores move enough people through them and sell so much material that they can afford stupidity such as that which of which we've been through.
No wonder many online sources are doing well. I mean I'd forgo the online discount to get things day and date, so perhaps ordering B B online for in store pickup is an idea. However since the local team routinely cannot account for what comes into their back room, I dunno.........

Corporate mentality as exemplified through a BB clerk is daunting. Another example:
I want an external hard drive enclosure. They are out. I ask and am told they get them in and the employees keep buying them all. Ok, I say, then order more so customers can get some. " Uh, we can't do that" was the response! They are not allowed to up their order. Huh??Posted Image Corporate send just so many and that's the way it is. They say.....
So I go to Staples.....
Best,
Robert

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer

Producer

• 4,269 posts

Posted January 24 2007 - 02:07 AM

My Best Buy had a bunch of them stuck in "Special Interest" next to the WWF DVDs. So who knows what's going on with them.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,239 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 24 2007 - 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Zimmer
My Best Buy had a bunch of them stuck in "Special Interest" next to the WWF DVDs.

Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor

• 772 posts

Posted March 15 2007 - 07:09 AM

Documentaries go in "Special Interest"
If it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.