Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need some PS2 recommendations for a 10 year old...

PlayStation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Marty Christion

Marty Christion

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted January 22 2007 - 10:01 AM

I'm late to the PS2 party, but was gifted a console a week ago as a PS3 hand-me-down. I gave it to my 10yr old son, and now I need to pick him up some games.

I got him the first Sly Cooper and the Midway Arcade Classics, but he would like a first person shooter that can be played online. We've got SW Battlefront II for our PC, so I'd like to get something he hasn't played, but nothing rated "M". Preferably, it would be something with a short learning curve, where you can get up and running pretty quick, with a lot of replay value (and plenty of people online to play against). If there's nothing better than Battlefront II, I'll just get him a copy of that.

I could also get some games for my 7yr old daughter if anyone has any recommendations for her.

Thanks!

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 29 2007 - 05:19 AM

I can't comment on online games, but you might consider some of the many great music games, like Guitar Hero I and II, Karaoke Party Revolution, or some of the Dance Dance Revolution titles. There's also a game that uses a little Taiko drum controller whose name escapes me.

IMO it'd be a waste of money to get Battlefront II if you're already playing it on the PC.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted January 29 2007 - 08:34 AM

A good FPS would be the TimeSpiltters franchise, in particular TS2. You might want to steer away from TS3 as it is rated M (but, imo, is more of the same of TS2, which is rated T). The games are made by Free Radical, which consists of a bunch of techheads that used to work for Rare. The games have a very GoldenEye 64 feel to them, so expect top-notch play mechanics, superb replay, great action and a good dose of humor thrown in.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jimi C

Jimi C

Screenwriter

• 1,209 posts

Posted February 03 2007 - 09:59 AM

Gotta tell you that as soon as you play a game online. It becomes Rated "M". There is no controlling what words come out of other players mouths while you are online.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/theend13/sabres.jpg[/IMG]

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Bryan X

Bryan X

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted February 03 2007 - 02:17 PM

When I had a PS2, I used to love playing Delta Force: Blackhawk Down online. It's rated 'T'.

Quote:
Gotta tell you that as soon as you play a game online. It becomes Rated "M". There is no controlling what words come out of other players mouths while you are online.

That's precisely why I turned off the communications on my 360. My 12 year old likes to play online (as do I) and I'd rather not have to worry about what he'll hear from other players.