Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

DIY channel airing a HOW TO show on Home Theater construction!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   captaincrash

captaincrash

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted January 18 2007 - 05:46 PM

Hey folks...

This week on the DIY (Do It Yourself) channel they are running a How to Build it show series on building a home theater! It airs every day at 6:30PM ... and it started a few days ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY
Listen up! Hosted by tech expert Corey Greenberg, this DIY Workshop offers the step-by-step planning and construction of a unique, high-tech personal home theater. Our experts explore the digital landscape with in-depth explanations of digital television choices, options for programming delivery, acoustic and engineering considerations that impact a home theatre design, and much more! Home Theater Workshop makes your home theater experience sound just right!

Planning is the key to any successful project, and in this episode, host Corey Greenberg and engineer Mark Midyett show you how to design an incredible home theater. Where should you place the big screen? Where should you mount the surround-sound speakers? And what about the seating positions? You may not realize it, but the middle or back of the room is the worst place for chairs and sofas. We'll show you how to determine the right seating location for your home theater. Plus, we're building our home theater from scratch, but many people use an existing room in their home. Game-show host Alex Trebek allowed his designer to create his home theater in an old ball room. See how this high-end project turns out!

And since we have mostly missed several episodes - they were nice enough to replay ALL 5 of the episodes all together in a mini-marathon on Saturday/Sunday morning/evening this weekend! Check your local schedule for the exact show times!

I DVR'd yesterdays and todays' ... having just watched some of one episode... and it is quite cool with tips and live examples of many issues they are contending with. At one point they were building a floating wall, and floor. They were addressing the use of alternating wall panels to deal with high and low frequency reflections. Sound transmission through doors. Building low cost set ups for a bed and breakfast suite using, among other things - a home made screen as opposed to an expensive professionally made screen. And much much more!

So if you can get the DIY channel... check out the saturday morning schedule - or try to catch the show being aired tomorrow at 6:30PM... assuming the schedule is the same in your part of the country!

Here is a convenient link to the DIY home page with home theater building sho info... http://www.diynetwor...._36343,00.html

Cheers!

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   SatelliteGuy

SatelliteGuy

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted January 22 2007 - 04:02 AM

Thank you so much for reporting this. I taped all 5 episodes this past weekend.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Glenise

Glenise

Supporting Actor

• 778 posts

Posted January 27 2007 - 05:58 PM

I don't get this channel. Oh well.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   harana

harana

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted July 26 2007 - 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatelliteGuy
Thank you so much for reporting this. I taped all 5 episodes this past weekend.

Are these 5 episodes on the internet somewhere? How can i get them? Thanks!

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted July 26 2007 - 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseeb
How can i get them? Thanks!
Set your trusty DVR, VCR or DVD recorder for DIY on 8/4 at 1pm EDT. All 5 episodes are scheduled according to the DIY web site.

-Robert

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   harana

harana

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted July 26 2007 - 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J
Set your trusty DVR, VCR or DVD recorder for DIY on 8/4 at 1pm EDT. All 5 episodes are scheduled according to the DIY web site.

-Robert

I just checked and I don't get this channel. Yuck!
Is there anyother way to get these episodes?

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted July 26 2007 - 09:48 AM

Find a friend with this channel or upgrade your cable for a month. Other legal ways that can be discussed on this forum? No. But they should be available via the same way that digital music is traded illegally.

-Robert

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   harana

harana

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted August 21 2007 - 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J
Find a friend with this channel or upgrade your cable for a month. Other legal ways that can be discussed on this forum? No. But they should be available via the same way that digital music is traded illegally.

-Robert
I did find a friend who had the channel and he taped all 5 episodes for me..:-)

I have watched them all and I am a little confused now. DIY makes it too simple to build and HT. My question to experts here; is that true? Like the way they did the acoustic treatment in the wall and on the wall. That seems too easy. I am not looking for difficult solution, i just want to understand if they made it too simple or is it really that simple???

Back to Members' Theaters, HT Projects, Remotes, Seating, Accessories & Lighting

Forum Nav Content I Follow