What's new

Blu-ray Review OFFICIAL HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: THE COVENANT (1 Viewer)

Ben_Williams

Second Unit
Real Name
Ben Williams
--------------------------------------------
ronsreviews_covers_78702.jpg">

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
For the first time, I feel sorry for a reviewer. There have been some so-so high def releases that I watched myself, but I drew the line on this movie. PQ will only go so far...

"Wee-yotch"? Oh my...

Still, good review, Ben.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I actually wasn't that impressed with the video, without knowing the specs of the disc, I thought the picture looked a bit overcompressed/digitized. It might matter that I'm watching it in 1080p on a 119" screen.

Acting wise, I completely agree with you. There was a scene where the lead male and female characters were flirting after a date in his car when he is dropping her off, her dialog sounded like it was being read off of que cards "I'm going to leave now" flirt-giggle "really, I'm going to leave now" giggle. I turned to my teenage daughter, and said, "Wow that's the worst acting I've ever seen!".

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Hey, Renny Harlin can at least claim A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 (which actually came out before Die Hard 2), which was the highest grossing horror movie ever for a while.

On that note, I'd much rather see someone release the Nightmare series on BD rather than dreck like "The Covenant." Sorry to derail the thread. Carry on. :)

Ben_Williams

Second Unit
Real Name
Ben Williams
Congratulations to all of you who made it all the way through The Convenant. That's got to be either a badge of honor or complete stubbornness.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks