What's new

A few issues with Sharp LC-32D40U (1 Viewer)

Brett_A

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased a new Sharp Aquos about a month ago and tuned it with Avia. I am getting a weird faint redness on some flesh tone areas that I can't seem to get rid of. It looks like the skin is flushed or rosey where it shouldn't be. Any ideas what could be causing that?

Another issue I am having is I get a little bit of ghosting or some quick moving action on the screen and I don't know where to start with that one either.

Any advice on either of these would be appreciated as I have never had these issues before and don't know where to start.

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Sorry I can't be of much help but you may want to look on AVS Forum http://www.avsforum.com. They have many threads dedicated to the Sharp LCD TVs including your model.

From what I have been able to gather from these threads the 32" and smaller Aquos models were outsourced (not really made by Sharp). They also don't seem to have the full complement of adjustments that allow you to fine tune the picture.

Apparently most Aquos models have a "red push" problem which may be what you are seeing, but there may not be a way of completely getting rid of it on the smaller models. I myself have the LC-37D40U and I have been able to tweak it to give me a picture that I am perfectly happy with (don't see either of the problems you described).

-D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks