-

Photo
- - - - -

Rumor Mill - Quinn Martin's Tales of the Unexpected being evaluated for release

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Michael Alden

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

• 825 posts

Posted January 13 2007 - 06:40 PM

I don't know if this means anything or not but a source of mine at Paramount told me that the person who is involved with DVD releases has pulled the source elements on the show to evaluate them. Could be just a formality or maybe they are seriously considering a release and they're checking to make sure the prints are in good shape and don't need any major restoration. For the record, I just screened a few episodes of the series myself and for the most part, it's a really good show. Very short run, only 8 episodes made unfortunately.

#2 of 5 Brian:C

Brian:C

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted January 14 2007 - 09:39 AM

-----I just screened a few episodes of the series myself
-----and for the most part, it's a really good show. Very
-----short run, only 8 episodes made unfortunately.

Hi Michael, If this is the 78' series, TV.com shows it running over 100 episodes. I'm not familiar with it. Might have been cancelled then syndicated.

Brian
Classic TV on DVD Episode Release Guide

Current Recommendations:
Tiimless Media: Brenner, Red Skelton In Color
VCI: Burkes LawMillcreek: Best Of Jack BennyCBS/Paramount:Mannix

#3 of 5 JeffWld

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

• 235 posts

Posted January 14 2007 - 04:21 PM

Michael is actually referring to a long-forgotten 1977 series on NBC, not to be confused with "Roald Dahl's Tales Of The Unexpected" which is the 100+ episode series listed on TV.com

#4 of 5 edwardssr

edwardssr

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted March 15 2011 - 09:41 AM

I have waited for this to come out for many years on DVD.  Hopefully they will do so soon.  This original message was written a little over 5 years ago, so hopefully that's not a bad sign.  Here's to good luck!

#5 of 5 edwardssr

edwardssr

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted March 13 2012 - 03:58 AM

Still waiting. There are two people I know of who have the series on VHS, but are unwilling to share. Too bad. If we could get this spread around it would be great!:)