• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 MandyHan

MandyHan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted January 12 2007 - 05:25 PM

So I've never noticed this until today, and the fact that I just got new speakers and a receiver of the last week or so has me suspicious.

When I put a DVD in tonight, during certain scenes, on the left side of my Sony KV-34HS510 I can see the screen has a purple or screen brightness.

I dont think its anything to do with the speakers...because when I move them or the receiver, it still shows up (unline when I've had unmagnetically (a word?) shielded speakers that cause a purple hue.

I seem to notice it most when I use dvds on my 360 or PS3 (not so much with the Wii). Both he 360 and the PS3 are plugged to the Denon receiver, but if I disconnect the component cables and then connect either directly to the TV, I still get the same purple or green hue. This leads me to believe its not the receiver either.

Is this just an issue I'm now noticing with my TV?

#2 of 4 Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts

Posted January 13 2007 - 02:56 AM

If the speakers were at one time close to the TV, magnetism may have affected the picture tube. It takes several turn ons and turn offs, at least an hour apart, before the built in degausser eliminates the magnetism problem completely.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.c...ynejr/video.htm

#3 of 4 Gruson

Gruson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted January 13 2007 - 05:56 AM

Something is not shielded correctly.

Move the speakers away from the TV and see if that works...if not, move the receiver and test.

#4 of 4 MandyHan

MandyHan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted January 13 2007 - 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson
Something is not shielded correctly.

Move the speakers away from the TV and see if that works...if not, move the receiver and test.

So if its just on the left side, its either the left floor speaker or receiver (underneath the left end) that's like causing it.

I seem to remember having on an older TV a way to degauze the screen...any idea if I should be able to do this?

I'll try moving some of the things around (Wii, wireless router, etc).

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users