Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HD A2 audio input issue.....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   DenaliST

DenaliST

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 12 2007 - 10:06 AM

Hello everyone, I just hooked up my HD A2 my home theater. I currently have a denon avr-2807 receiver, LG 42" plasma display, definitive mythos gem speakers as my mains and rears with a mythos seven center channel. Sub is a SVS SB-12. My problem is that the receiver display reads multi ch. in, when playing an hd dvd disc. I have the hd a2 connected via HDMI to my receiver. Should it be saying DD, or DD+ or TrueDD because it always says Multi CH IN. Thanks for the help.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Steve Felix

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor

• 618 posts

Posted January 12 2007 - 10:14 AM

It's supposed to say that -- the player decodes the audio and all the receiver knows is that it's getting some PCM channels to pass along.
"We're trying to make a movie here, not a film!"
Flickr photos

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   DenaliST

DenaliST

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 12 2007 - 10:21 AM

I just wanted to make sure that was the correct setting. My first impressions of the HD A2 are that it is a fantastic player. I never thought the sound would be so much better than my previous upconversion DVD player, and it far surpassed my expectations in both SQ and picture quality. I have only watched Mi: III so far, but tonight is Batman Begins. Thanks again! Posted Image