-

Photo
- - - - -

InFocus IN76 and flickering bulb

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Fredrik L

Fredrik L

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted January 11 2007 - 01:42 AM

Just bought myself an IN76, sold as a demo unit at a local distributor in Sweden.

When used for about 1/2 hour to an hour (sometimes more) the light intensity shifts with very short intervalls, in other words the bulb flickers. In is not overly dramatic, but highly disturbing. If I switch to High Power-mode it goes away. I haven't yet had the patience to notice if it returns after switching back from HP-mode, since I'm pretty distracted and annoyed by all this.

Before the IN76 I owned a IN74 for 6 months without any of these symptoms.

Is this a one way street down to replacement or is there a cure? I'm really NOT looking forward to returning everything after having used several hours to mount and fine tune. So if any one else has experienced this and/or any one has a clue to a remedy, I would be deeply grateful.

My firmware is 2.6. My lamp hours are 81.

#2 of 2 Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne

Screenwriter

• 2,406 posts

Posted January 11 2007 - 06:33 AM

Slight tolerances in the ballast characteristics (difficult to get repaired) and slight tolerances in lamp (bulb) characteristics may have resulted in a combination that you received with your projector that exhibits flicker in low intensity mode.

All UHP lamp projectors (and also all common non-incandescent non-LED electric lights) have ballasts.

Most likely a repairman will suggest that you just use the high power mode or buy a new lamp (I should say ... and/or buy a new lamp when the old one gives out).

How the ballast works:
http://members.aol.c...isc.htm#Ballast