What's new

What did you do in the war, daddy: OAR? (1 Viewer)

Aki K

Agent
A while back I purchased an official DVD of this from Japan. The image was anamorphic, but with 1.85:1 aspect ratio. As I understand, the OAR is 2.35:1. Is it? Other than that, the image looked fine. Extras included the original trailer in a 4:3 letterbox format, and the aspect ratio of that was about 1.85:1...

On the other hand, I also purchased a copy of the 1981 version of The Postman Always Rings Twice, which is according to all the websites in OAR whereas the American and European versions are pan&scan. I'm still waiting for this disc, though.

Tim L

Second Unit
wow, I remember this movie-its been along time since I saw this. Pretty funny movie. So thisisn't available in the states?
Tim

Karl R

Stunt Coordinator
I have an "eBay Import" version of this film. OAR is definitely 2:35:1...just watch the opening credits and you'll see the "pop" when the DVD shifts aspect ratios...and faces/bodies on the left and right sides of the screen start getting cut off.

Hopefully, a R1 release is forthcoming...though there haven't been any announcements or rumors that I've read for this very funny Blake Edwards war comedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks