Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

What did you do in the war, daddy: OAR?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Aki K

Aki K

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted January 10 2007 - 11:08 PM

A while back I purchased an official DVD of this from Japan. The image was anamorphic, but with 1.85:1 aspect ratio. As I understand, the OAR is 2.35:1. Is it? Other than that, the image looked fine. Extras included the original trailer in a 4:3 letterbox format, and the aspect ratio of that was about 1.85:1...

On the other hand, I also purchased a copy of the 1981 version of The Postman Always Rings Twice, which is according to all the websites in OAR whereas the American and European versions are pan&scan. I'm still waiting for this disc, though.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Tim L

Tim L

Second Unit

• 323 posts

Posted January 11 2007 - 11:01 AM

wow, I remember this movie-its been along time since I saw this. Pretty funny movie. So thisisn't available in the states?
Tim

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Karl R

Karl R

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted January 11 2007 - 06:42 PM

I have an "eBay Import" version of this film. OAR is definitely 2:35:1...just watch the opening credits and you'll see the "pop" when the DVD shifts aspect ratios...and faces/bodies on the left and right sides of the screen start getting cut off.

Hopefully, a R1 release is forthcoming...though there haven't been any announcements or rumors that I've read for this very funny Blake Edwards war comedy.