-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

What did you do in the war, daddy: OAR?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Aki K

Aki K

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted January 10 2007 - 11:08 PM

A while back I purchased an official DVD of this from Japan. The image was anamorphic, but with 1.85:1 aspect ratio. As I understand, the OAR is 2.35:1. Is it? Other than that, the image looked fine. Extras included the original trailer in a 4:3 letterbox format, and the aspect ratio of that was about 1.85:1...

On the other hand, I also purchased a copy of the 1981 version of The Postman Always Rings Twice, which is according to all the websites in OAR whereas the American and European versions are pan&scan. I'm still waiting for this disc, though.

#2 of 3 Tim L

Tim L

Second Unit

• 323 posts

Posted January 11 2007 - 11:01 AM

wow, I remember this movie-its been along time since I saw this. Pretty funny movie. So thisisn't available in the states?
Tim

#3 of 3 Karl R

Karl R

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted January 11 2007 - 06:42 PM

I have an "eBay Import" version of this film. OAR is definitely 2:35:1...just watch the opening credits and you'll see the "pop" when the DVD shifts aspect ratios...and faces/bodies on the left and right sides of the screen start getting cut off.

Hopefully, a R1 release is forthcoming...though there haven't been any announcements or rumors that I've read for this very funny Blake Edwards war comedy.