Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

It's snowing!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,656 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted January 10 2007 - 01:48 AM

For about 5 minutes here in Wayne, NJ we had a small mini-blizzard go by... snow.. white stuff!!! Woohoo...... But it was short lived. no need for my studded snow tires... oh well... I just had to say that after the 70deg saturday we just had.

Jay

p.s. last night I had my first fire in my wood stove after not having one since thursday of last week!
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Bonnie*F

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted January 10 2007 - 04:29 AM

Yes it is.... Was able to get in I81 yesterday and do 65 the entire way to work. Today, with the whiteout conditions and the traffic backup, it was a blistering 12mph. Posted Image

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Richard Travale

Richard Travale

Producer

• 3,424 posts
  • LocationThe Island, Canada

Posted January 10 2007 - 05:14 AM

It's snowing quite nicely here on Vancouver Island. I think we have about 3-4" right now.
I'm so glad I have a day off. Great opportunity to catch up on some movie watching.
 "Cock your hat - angles are attitudes. "
- Frank Sinatra 

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted January 10 2007 - 05:55 AM

I looked out my window around 10am and my jaw dropped! SNOW flurries???? Posted Image

They only lasted a little bit, but still...Crazy! This has been the longest we've gone without snow. It sucked that Christmas came and went without snow on the ground. Christmas lights just don't look right without snow. Posted Image
Quote:
I just had to say that after the 70deg saturday we just had.
I know! We had a high of 72 on Sat. and today it was snowing. Ah! Gotta love New England weather...it definitely keeps you on your toes.

Speaking of that...does anyone else have this going on in their home? My banister end has like 3 coats on it because I have to wear a different one every day! The jean jacket for when it's 60 out, the leather when it's 40 and windy, the HEAVY winter jacket for these 30 degree/windy days and, of course, we can't forget about last Sat. when I didn't even grab a jacket.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,656 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted January 10 2007 - 06:30 AM

Bonnie, when it was snowing I checked the weather radar at wunderground, showed a cloud pattern that looked like Cuba just south of Allentown, PA. and I saw the small packet of snow that hit where I worked that blew by. Went for my usual lunchtime walk and it was fairly windy outside but sunny again.

Jay
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,285 posts

Posted January 10 2007 - 07:27 AM

In 1983 we had 60 and 70 Degree temperatures during January and February IN MICHIGAN! Then on the first day of Spring we got hit with an 8-inch Snowstorm! March April and May were all colder than normal, and each weekend it either rained or snowed. After having a High of 69 Degrees on 12/25/1982 we experienced a high temperature of 47 degrees on Memorial Day! (It was the first time in Recorded history that we had a Memorial Day that was COLDER than the previous Christmas.) Then in June Summer Came on STRONG! The Culpret for this wierd weather? The same as it is Today, EL NINO!

BTW On Christmas, 1993 it was 20 Below Zero in Detroit! Posted Image

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 36,417 :biggrin: ( 757 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,424  :biggrin: Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Screenwriter

• 2,782 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted January 10 2007 - 07:48 PM

All we've had here in Arkansas is rain, rain and more rain. Tomorrow's forecast...Low 50s and rain.