What's new

It's snowing! (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
For about 5 minutes here in Wayne, NJ we had a small mini-blizzard go by... snow.. white stuff!!! Woohoo...... But it was short lived. no need for my studded snow tires... oh well... I just had to say that after the 70deg saturday we just had.

Jay

p.s. last night I had my first fire in my wood stove after not having one since thursday of last week!

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
Yes it is.... Was able to get in I81 yesterday and do 65 the entire way to work. Today, with the whiteout conditions and the traffic backup, it was a blistering 12mph. :P

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
It's snowing quite nicely here on Vancouver Island. I think we have about 3-4" right now.
I'm so glad I have a day off. Great opportunity to catch up on some movie watching.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I looked out my window around 10am and my jaw dropped! SNOW flurries???? :eek:

They only lasted a little bit, but still...Crazy! This has been the longest we've gone without snow. It sucked that Christmas came and went without snow on the ground. Christmas lights just don't look right without snow. :frowning:I know! We had a high of 72 on Sat. and today it was snowing. Ah! Gotta love New England weather...it definitely keeps you on your toes.

Speaking of that...does anyone else have this going on in their home? My banister end has like 3 coats on it because I have to wear a different one every day! The jean jacket for when it's 60 out, the leather when it's 40 and windy, the HEAVY winter jacket for these 30 degree/windy days and, of course, we can't forget about last Sat. when I didn't even grab a jacket.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Bonnie, when it was snowing I checked the weather radar at wunderground, showed a cloud pattern that looked like Cuba just south of Allentown, PA. and I saw the small packet of snow that hit where I worked that blew by. Went for my usual lunchtime walk and it was fairly windy outside but sunny again.

Jay

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
In 1983 we had 60 and 70 Degree temperatures during January and February IN MICHIGAN! Then on the first day of Spring we got hit with an 8-inch Snowstorm! March April and May were all colder than normal, and each weekend it either rained or snowed. After having a High of 69 Degrees on 12/25/1982 we experienced a high temperature of 47 degrees on Memorial Day! (It was the first time in Recorded history that we had a Memorial Day that was COLDER than the previous Christmas.) Then in June Summer Came on STRONG! The Culpret for this wierd weather? The same as it is Today, EL NINO!

BTW On Christmas, 1993 it was 20 Below Zero in Detroit! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks