Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Has any Canadians received their replacement discs from Warners Superman Set ??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 of 35 OFFLINE   widescreenforever

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 05:43 AM

Has any Canadians received their mailers yet from Warners ?--for the disc blunder because after waiting 5 weeks I got back to the 1 800 number ( third time), and this time was told that Warner Bros Canada was not doing the same phone in as the US is. What !!!!

I then given a 1-877-832-9959 number and that number then gave me an email address ( warner@unigistix.com) as well as a fax number to be used by Canadian replacement orders .

it is the only number so if its busy you have to redial again and again and again,, no wait times as the 1 800 has numerous lines..

Now I am reading on amazon.ca that even if you register on that email address, a week can go by with no follow thru from that
warner@unigistix.com email address.

Looks like I'm going to have to go thru Warners home video head office here in Vancouver.
Sheeshh..... what an ordeal ..

#2 of 35 OFFLINE   widescreenforever

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 10:26 AM

-----------( okay got the scoop today from Warner Home Video Sales dept.: ) ---------

For Superman customers living in Canada, you need to follow the instructions at 1-877-832-9959.

This problem was not anticipated and it has taken a while to get all the correct components
together for a proper exchange.

warner@unigistix.com now has the pre-paid mailers and corrected product in their possession and are
ready to start moving on the exchanges.

They hope to have all the requests for pre-paid envelopes sent out by the end of this week (Jan. 12, 2007)
The exchange program will go on for a while as not all customers who bought product were immediately
aware of the problem.

We are sorry for the delay in this and any other problems you may have encountered.

Customer Service
Warner Bros. Entertainment Canada Inc.

#3 of 35 OFFLINE   JoePassmore

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 11:28 AM

Hey, thanks for the info! I'll update the sticky thread with this info.

Thanks again.

#4 of 35 OFFLINE   Johnny Jr.

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator

• 140 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 10:35 PM

I already have a confirmation number with Warner in the states. I just emailed the address you posted and sent in my name with my shipping information. Should I call as well? I am getting a bit tired of calling and re-setting up my info everytime.
"When ninehundred years old you reach, look as good, you will not..mmm?"........YODA - RETURN OF THE JEDI

#5 of 35 OFFLINE   JoePassmore

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts

Posted January 10 2007 - 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Jr.
I already have a confirmation number with Warner in the states. I just emailed the address you posted and sent in my name with my shipping information. Should I call as well? I am getting a bit tired of calling and re-setting up my info everytime.

I would. Though I'm not certain, I wouldn't be surprised if Warner in the U.S. instructed whoever's handling the replacement to disregard Canadian requests since we now have our own process to go through. I called and gave my info back on December 20th to the U.S. number and still haven't received even my mailer yet, so I think it's a good bet I won't be.

If you call the number above all they tell you is to email the address above or fax in your info, so you won't have to wait on hold for an operator or anything. In fact, now you don't have to call at all...just email your info to the address.

#6 of 35 OFFLINE   Fabien Renelli

Fabien Renelli

Stunt Coordinator

• 194 posts

Posted January 10 2007 - 03:52 AM

Great news !
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

#7 of 35 OFFLINE   widescreenforever

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted January 10 2007 - 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Jr.

Well that's just it,, I got my confirmation number back on December 3rd 06,, and like I said in my post ; after 5 weeks of waiting I was told that the USA was not honoriong Canadian confirmations and you now have to 're-register' or 'email your request' in to the address I've given.

#8 of 35 OFFLINE   Johnny Jr.

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator

• 140 posts

Posted January 10 2007 - 09:46 AM

Well even if this process has been incredibly sloppy this side of the border, hopefully this is the final step to finally getting replacements.
"When ninehundred years old you reach, look as good, you will not..mmm?"........YODA - RETURN OF THE JEDI

#9 of 35 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Executive Producer

• 10,036 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted January 11 2007 - 07:35 AM

thanks for this!!1

I've been wondering about when I would be getting the envelopes from the yanks!!

I emailed, and also asked about the "Tom & Jerry" sets. I'm yet to get the replacement envelopes for those either.

#10 of 35 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted January 16 2007 - 01:59 PM

Looks like the email for Canadian replacements does work. I just received my prepaid mailer today (no discs though). They spelled my last name wrong despite it being typed by email but that's okay. Going to send it off with both discs tommorrow morning. Posted Image It's heading for a Brampton, Ontario address.

I guess the end is finally in sight after all.....
Recently watched- Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D, The Grandmaster, Edge Of Tomorrow 3D, The Comedy Of Terrors, The Raven(1963), Mulholland Falls, Saturn 3, Cheers: Season 6, Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978), Ransom, Dragonheart, Tomb Of Ligeia

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 1

"Now I have a machinegun.  HO-HO-HO"

#11 of 35 OFFLINE   widescreenforever

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted January 16 2007 - 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph J.D
Looks like the email for Canadian replacements does work. I just received my prepaid mailer today .....

Well that's great news !!,, You are the first one that I know of to have reported this. I'm still waiting for my mailers, and I was the one who posted this news last week.,
Maybe cause I live on the West coast I have to wait longer for the mule train to come thru the mountains...

#12 of 35 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted January 17 2007 - 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widescreenforever
Maybe cause I live on the West coast I have to wait longer for the mule train to come thru the mountains...

It helps that I live only a couple of kilometres south of Brampton. The mules move a little bit faster around these parts. Posted Image

I'm sure you'll receive yours in the next day or so.....
Recently watched- Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D, The Grandmaster, Edge Of Tomorrow 3D, The Comedy Of Terrors, The Raven(1963), Mulholland Falls, Saturn 3, Cheers: Season 6, Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978), Ransom, Dragonheart, Tomb Of Ligeia

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 1

#13 of 35 OFFLINE   Jean Paul Villeneuve

Jean Paul Villeneuve

Second Unit

• 259 posts

Posted January 17 2007 - 09:45 AM

I received my mailer this morning and shipped the discs back today. I'm in Cornwall, ON.
Master Trader at HOME THEATER FORUM
Gold Trader at DVD TALK

#14 of 35 OFFLINE   widescreenforever

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted January 17 2007 - 10:20 AM

still waiting..........

#15 of 35 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Executive Producer

• 10,036 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted January 19 2007 - 05:21 AM

mine just arrived. I emailed on the 12th. I'm in Edmonton.

On the email, I asked about the T&J exchange, I haven't heard anything on that yet.

#16 of 35 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted January 19 2007 - 03:26 PM

Odd....I received a second mailer from Warner Canada - this time with my name spelled correctly as I entered on the email to them. I guess the mailer that arrived earlier (with the spelling error) was from information that Warner USA passed along from the phonecall I made a month ago.

I guess that means a lot of Canadians on the HTF are gonna get two mailers then. Posted Image

#17 of 35 OFFLINE   widescreenforever

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted January 20 2007 - 10:19 AM

sure hope so,, still waiting ..

#18 of 35 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted January 24 2007 - 09:51 AM

Got my replacement discs today! My wait is over......hope everyone else gets theirs soon. Gonna watch Superman 3 and sample a bit of S1 tonight. Posted Image

They came in white paper sleeves packaged in a bubble mailer envelope. Nothing else inside.

#19 of 35 OFFLINE   LorenzoL

LorenzoL

Second Unit

• 313 posts

Posted January 24 2007 - 11:10 AM

I received my mailers on Monday, 01/22/07. I will be mailing them my discs back tomorrow 01/25/07 and hope to get them soon.

#20 of 35 OFFLINE   Jean Paul Villeneuve

Jean Paul Villeneuve

Second Unit

• 259 posts

Posted January 24 2007 - 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph J.D
Got my replacement discs today! My wait is over......hope everyone else gets theirs soon. Gonna watch Superman 3 and sample a bit of S1 tonight. Posted Image

They came in white paper sleeves packaged in a bubble mailer envelope. Nothing else inside.

I also received my discs today. Posted Image
Master Trader at HOME THEATER FORUM
Gold Trader at DVD TALK

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow