-

Photo
- - - - -

Tigger hits kid..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#1 of 58 OFFLINE   DeathStar1

DeathStar1

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 06:50 AM

There's a news story video on AOL.

Isn't this a big fuss about nothing? I remember as a kid we went to Disney world and tried to get a picture from Roger Rabbit. Even though we where at the head of the line, we kept on getting pushed back and pushed back by 'Roger' untill finally we where let through for some unknown reason.

From the Video, all it seems is he got lightly tapped on the noggin...unless the slow mo really slowed down the speed. Nothing to really sue over.

#2 of 58 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 08:21 AM

Can you change the thread name? I saw Tiger, and I thought Tiger Woods was out hitting people. Then I saw it was about Tigger.

Yes, it is ridiculous. It looked like the kid was trying to take Tiggers head off, he had his hand in the back, pulling at it. And, since Tigger can't see anything out of there really, he swung around and hit him. Didn't hurt him.

But, since Disney wants to avoid any bad publicity, I bet the family figures they can settle quick.

#3 of 58 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,848 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted January 08 2007 - 08:26 AM

Yeah. I thought Tiger Woods had drunkenly plowed into a family of five. That's how things get so messed up through the grapevine.

#4 of 58 OFFLINE   Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,530 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 08:41 AM

Tiger woods plowed into a drunk kid?

Wow, I gotta go to update my blog . . .

#5 of 58 OFFLINE   PhillJones

PhillJones

Second Unit

• 472 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 08:44 AM

"This isn't the first time Tigger has been in trouble....." Posted Image

Somebody ought to tell them it's not really Tigger, it's a man in a costume.

Kudos to Tigger though, it looks like he put the kid in an arm bar before he punched him.

#6 of 58 OFFLINE   DeathStar1

DeathStar1

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Martin
Can you change the thread name? I saw Tiger, and I thought Tiger Woods was out hitting people. Then I saw it was about Tigger.

Yes, it is ridiculous. It looked like the kid was trying to take Tiggers head off, he had his hand in the back, pulling at it. And, since Tigger can't see anything out of there really, he swung around and hit him. Didn't hurt him.

But, since Disney wants to avoid any bad publicity, I bet the family figures they can settle quick.

Crap, didn't see that. And I've been using my spell checker allot lately too, Posted Image.

#7 of 58 OFFLINE   Chu Gai

Chu Gai

Lead Actor

• 7,270 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 08:57 AM

What's next? Barkley and some purple dinosaur going at it?

#8 of 58 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 10:24 AM

I was under the impression that the family wasn't suing Disney, but that they just wanted an apology from the cast member playing Tigger. From the way the talk in this thread has been going, has the story changed?

(edited to fix glaring mistake)
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#9 of 58 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Williams
I was under the impression that the family wasn't suing Disney, but that they just wanted an impression from the cast member playing Tigger. From the way the talk in this thread has been going, has the story changed?
I don't think the story has changed. I think the father just wants an apology from the mask behind the costume. He doesn't want free passes, he doesn't want money, he just wants an apology.

#10 of 58 OFFLINE   Bryan X

Bryan X

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 12:32 PM

Quote:
I think the father just wants an apology from the mask behind the costume. He doesn't want free passes, he doesn't want money, he just wants an apology.

Someone doesn't want to sue? That'd be a first.

#11 of 58 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 12:54 PM

Monaco has retained an attorney. Eyewitness News asked Monaco if he's planning to file a lawsuit to get money.

"Gimme a break," he said.

http://www.wftv.com/...738/detail.html

#12 of 58 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,848 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted January 08 2007 - 03:38 PM

Quote:
Tigger hits kid..

Chopper, sic balls.

#13 of 58 OFFLINE   Chu Gai

Chu Gai

Lead Actor

• 7,270 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 11:47 PM

It didn't look like all that much of serious hit intended to inflict pain or whatever. Imagine being that kid going to school where everyone has seen the video and being made fun of because Tigger 'hit' you and daddy came to the rescue. What a wuss.

#14 of 58 OFFLINE   Dave_Brown

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

• 666 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 12:15 AM

Maybe if mommy and daddy would have spent more time teaching the little punk how to behave, Tigger wouldn't have to.

#15 of 58 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai
It didn't look like all that much of serious hit intended to inflict pain or whatever. Imagine being that kid going to school where everyone has seen the video and being made fun of because Tigger 'hit' you and daddy came to the rescue. What a wuss.
Hell, I'd be giving him shit. Posted Image

(in a baby voice) What's the matter? A cartoon character touches you with a soft and fuzzy mit and your big daddy has to save you?? Posted Image Did he carry your balls back to the car as well?

#16 of 58 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,904 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 03:23 AM

It looks like the kid did something when his arm went behind Tigger's back. And if that was considered a hit....That kid is a wuss.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#17 of 58 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 03:27 AM

I hope Disney files suit for damages.

#18 of 58 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,611 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted January 09 2007 - 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillJones
Kudos to Tigger though, it looks like he put the kid in an arm bar before he punched him.
Oh, Tigger knows how to handle himself. Posted Image

And I agree, the kid's a wuss and the family a bunch of whiners. The kid must have instigated it since there's no chance the actor would have done anything like that unprovoked.

Given the press this is getting, Disney will also have to take Tigger out of the theme parks for awhile. They should be suing the family for lost revenue (I'm sure a lawyer could make the case).
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#19 of 58 OFFLINE   Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 08:56 AM

Give the apology they ask for and kill all the added drama, sure you know you're in the right but why make a big deal out of it. Be the bigger man and maybe the kid will learn something from your actions. Remember to a child, we are all teachers.
Good lord, there's nothing worse than the foul stench of desperation when someone wants to be famous.

- Luis Esp

#20 of 58 OFFLINE   Colton

Colton

Supporting Actor

• 795 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 09:11 AM

I think the kid was trying to unzip Tigger. Looks like Tigger was trying to PREVENT something from happening.

- Colton

Back to After Hours Lounge

Forum Nav Content I Follow