What's new

RCA's Stance on Next-Gen Media: We Quit (1 Viewer)

Harpozep

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
I wish I was that strong!
I felt the same way until we got the LCOS Sony XBR2 60" set in the house. A week later it was off to Xbox 360 land just so we could get the HDDVD player for HD viewing........sigh. :laugh:
Even funnier, I think Blu Ray is the way to go.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

I am not as strong on holding stances as I was when I was young.

James St

Supporting Actor
Quit what? They never produced a player in 2006. The HDV5000 was a rebadged Toshiba.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well since I've never seen an RCA electronics appliance that I liked/wanted, I'm not going to lose much sleep over this. :P

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Didnt RCA make 78s? RCA and HT almost sound like a contradiction in terms. Almost like Ford saying it wont make anymore good cars.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
As another poster pointed out, the RCA was nothing more than a rebadged Toshiba and (IIRC) the only retailers selling the players were Sears and Wal-mart. Perhaps they should been a little more clear and said that they are no longer MARKETING any HD-DVD players. :)

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
I wonder if anyone has passed this information along to Meridian and Onkyo since they have announced nothing. Maybe they don't know about it.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

:laugh: Honestly, who needs this in their car...? Those screens are so small!

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
I guess soon we'll see cars where a semi-transparent HD image is projected onto the inside of a 1.78:1 windshield with the help of a mini-projector mounted on the overhead console. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks