What's new

TiVo rebate denied. (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I had been a subscriber for over a year when I decided to upgrade to a dual tuner box. I had asked on a Tivo forum whether I would be eligible for a rebate and was assured that I would be.

So now they've denied my rebate for this reason: "New TiVo Service or TiVo Plus service activation is needed in order qualify for the rebate."

So I'll never again be eligible for a Tivo rebate?

Would this have worked if I had cancelled my service, then re-subscribed?

Any suggestions on how I can fix this (I've already contacted Tivo customer service but have not heard back).

Thanks,

Jon

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
The rebate rules clearly state that new TiVo Service Activation is required: "Activate new TiVo® service before 1/31/2007 and remain active for a minimum of 30 days." I wouldn't trust information on a forum that contradicts the actual wording of the offer you're asking about.

Brian Glaeske

Stunt Coordinator
Any time you buy a new TiVo, it is a new subscription, no?

Although the mentality of corporate America emphasizes "new customers" over keeping existing customers.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
It is very common for businesses to provide an extra incentive for new customers to select their service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks