Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TiVo rebate denied.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Jon_Are

Jon_Are

Screenwriter

• 2,038 posts

Posted January 07 2007 - 05:40 AM

I had been a subscriber for over a year when I decided to upgrade to a dual tuner box. I had asked on a Tivo forum whether I would be eligible for a rebate and was assured that I would be. So now they've denied my rebate for this reason: "New TiVo Service or TiVo Plus service activation is needed in order qualify for the rebate." So I'll never again be eligible for a Tivo rebate? Would this have worked if I had cancelled my service, then re-subscribed? Any suggestions on how I can fix this (I've already contacted Tivo customer service but have not heard back). Thanks, Jon

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Brian^K

Brian^K

Supporting Actor

• 681 posts

Posted January 07 2007 - 05:57 AM

The rebate rules clearly state that new TiVo Service Activation is required: "Activate new TiVo® service before 1/31/2007 and remain active for a minimum of 30 days." I wouldn't trust information on a forum that contradicts the actual wording of the offer you're asking about.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Brian Glaeske

Brian Glaeske

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted January 11 2007 - 11:51 AM

Any time you buy a new TiVo, it is a new subscription, no? Although the mentality of corporate America emphasizes "new customers" over keeping existing customers.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Brian^K

Brian^K

Supporting Actor

• 681 posts

Posted January 11 2007 - 10:38 PM

It is very common for businesses to provide an extra incentive for new customers to select their service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users