Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TiVo rebate denied.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Jon_Are

Jon_Are

Screenwriter

• 2,038 posts

Posted January 07 2007 - 05:40 AM

I had been a subscriber for over a year when I decided to upgrade to a dual tuner box. I had asked on a Tivo forum whether I would be eligible for a rebate and was assured that I would be.

So now they've denied my rebate for this reason: "New TiVo Service or TiVo Plus service activation is needed in order qualify for the rebate."

So I'll never again be eligible for a Tivo rebate?

Would this have worked if I had cancelled my service, then re-subscribed?

Any suggestions on how I can fix this (I've already contacted Tivo customer service but have not heard back).

Thanks,

Jon

#2 of 4 Brian^K

Brian^K

Supporting Actor

• 681 posts

Posted January 07 2007 - 05:57 AM

The rebate rules clearly state that new TiVo Service Activation is required: "Activate new TiVo® service before 1/31/2007 and remain active for a minimum of 30 days." I wouldn't trust information on a forum that contradicts the actual wording of the offer you're asking about.

#3 of 4 Brian Glaeske

Brian Glaeske

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted January 11 2007 - 11:51 AM

Any time you buy a new TiVo, it is a new subscription, no?

Although the mentality of corporate America emphasizes "new customers" over keeping existing customers.

#4 of 4 Brian^K

Brian^K

Supporting Actor

• 681 posts

Posted January 11 2007 - 10:38 PM

It is very common for businesses to provide an extra incentive for new customers to select their service.