Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hazel season 2?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 of 75 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,566 posts

Posted February 21 2012 - 07:19 AM

I pre-ordered it months ago from Amazon. It just arrived today. Good stuff!

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#62 of 75 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,493 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 24 2012 - 02:48 PM

Hazel, Season 2 and 3, are currently at Amazon for $18.49 each. Season 3 is out next month. Season 1 is $13.99.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#63 of 75 Mr. Handley

Mr. Handley

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted July 01 2013 - 09:26 AM

I finally got around to buying S2 of Hazel this past weekend and was surprised that the show was in color (it said B&W on the outer box).  I was also surprised that the first episode had no laugh track.  Did they do away with the laugh track or is it just missing?

#64 of 75 Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff

Screenwriter

• 2,000 posts

Posted July 01 2013 - 09:38 AM

If I remember correctly, the laugh track returns with the twelfth episode.  The first eleven episodes did originally have the same laugh track as all the other episodes, but it's missing not only from the episodes on the DVD, but from the episodes as shown now on Antenna TV.  I don't know enough about this to explain what in the world happened to it and why.

#65 of 75 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,019 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted July 01 2013 - 03:17 PM

I finally got around to buying S2 of Hazel this past weekend and was surprised that the show was in color (it said B&W on the outer box).  I was also surprised that the first episode had no laugh track.  Did they do away with the laugh track or is it just missing?

If I remember correctly, the laugh track returns with the twelfth episode.  The first eleven episodes did originally have the same laugh track as all the other episodes, but it's missing not only from the episodes on the DVD, but from the episodes as shown now on Antenna TV.  I don't know enough about this to explain what in the world happened to it and why.

The Sony Screen Gems sitcoms have varying degrees of problems with some of the audio elements at times.  I wished they had left the damaged laugh tracks off the dvds of some I Dream of Jeannie episodes.  Instead they replaced them with current, very loud, very obnoxious laugh tracks that sound NOTHING like the ones used in the Screen Gems programs.  It's quite jarring.  Jeannie even had some music replacement in a couple of episodes on dvd, but at least they used music cues from other episodes and not new, unrelated music.

Edited by JohnMor, July 01 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#66 of 75 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 847 posts

Posted July 01 2013 - 03:32 PM

Any word on the final season of this show coming out to DVD?

#67 of 75 classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,310 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 01 2013 - 03:36 PM

Wasn't Season 5 when the show changed networks?  Might be a whole other kettle of fish, rights-wise for Shout...

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#68 of 75 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,019 posts

Posted July 01 2013 - 07:25 PM

Wasn't Season 5 when the show changed networks?  Might be a whole other kettle of fish, rights-wise for Shout...

That's doubtful.  The show was still owned by Screen Gems (Columbia Pictures) not by either network 

#69 of 75 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 847 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 04:51 PM

That was the season they changed up the entire cast, but no word as to when or if this will be coming out onto DVD.

#70 of 75 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,046 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted July 28 2013 - 03:02 PM

Back to the S1 color episode for a moment...

Was that episode NBC's way of trying to sell color TV sets?

It was a good episode... but part of me was thinking that since it was the only color episode, and so early in the season, it was the network asking for an episode that would extoll the virtues of color TV.

Or, maybe I'm off base, and it was Screen Gems testing for a switch to color with S2.

/Oh, and as for the color before 1966 discussion, Adventures of Superman S3-6 were filmed in color in the mid-1950s.

#71 of 75 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,485 posts

Posted January 22 2014 - 09:53 AM

The Sony Screen Gems sitcoms have varying degrees of problems with some of the audio elements at times.  I wished they had left the damaged laugh tracks off the dvds of some I Dream of Jeannie episodes.  Instead they replaced them with current, very loud, very obnoxious laugh tracks that sound NOTHING like the ones used in the Screen Gems programs.  It's quite jarring.  Jeannie even had some music replacement in a couple of episodes on dvd, but at least they used music cues from other episodes and not new, unrelated music.

Were there any episodes affected by replacement of laugh tracks and/or music cues in the first season (B&W) set?

#72 of 75 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,019 posts

Posted January 22 2014 - 10:41 AM

Were there any episodes affected by replacement of laugh tracks and/or music cues in the first season (B&W) set?

Not that I noticed.  The ones I noticed were in the Season 2 set.

#73 of 75 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,485 posts

Posted February 01 2014 - 12:17 PM

I did some digging and "Russian Roulette" was one of the episodes cited.  Other episodes (although unspecified) in the Season 1 set, according to another poster on Sitcoms Online, had replaced laugh tracks.

#74 of 75 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,019 posts

Posted February 01 2014 - 01:54 PM

I'll have to rewatch S1 again soon.  It's been a while.

#75 of 75 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,485 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 09:00 AM

John, have you had the chance to rewatch Season 1 yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users