-

Photo
- - - - -

R.I.P Momofuku Ando (the inventor of ramen noodles)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,221 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted January 05 2007 - 04:14 PM

http://en.wikipedia....i/Momofuku_Ando

Cheap and delicious, and you can mix in any meat with them, thank you Mr. Momofuku. You will be missed.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,685 posts

Posted January 05 2007 - 04:20 PM

R.I.P., and thank you for getting me through college (when I put myself through school it was all I could afford).

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted January 06 2007 - 02:46 AM

His cremains will be packaged in tiny foil envelopes.
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   brentl

brentl

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted January 06 2007 - 11:32 AM

So really, how far are we away from a celebrating the death of "that guy that sold me a pastrami sandwich in 1994"?

Now if you mentioned the creator of Kraft Dinner I'd be right with you.

Brent

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 06 2007 - 01:01 PM

Hell, married with kids, and I still enjoy Ramen now and again. And I wouldn't have lived through college without it.
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   Ray Chuang

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter

• 1,055 posts

Posted January 06 2007 - 01:31 PM

What is very interesting is that Ando-san's invention of instant ramen noodles is one food product where its popularity crossed cultural lines in no time flat. The instant ramen noodles in a cup probably spurred on the sales of hot water airpots all over Asia. Posted Image
Raymond in Sacramento, CA USA

#7 of 16 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted January 06 2007 - 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentl
So really, how far are we away from a celebrating the death of "that guy that sold me a pastrami sandwich in 1994"?

Now if you mentioned the creator of Kraft Dinner I'd be right with you.

Brent
you're kidding, right? i'm not sure where you're from, but ramen noodles are found in every grocery store around. on the wikipedia article for momofuku ando, it's said that in 2004, 70 BILLION servings were sold. i'd like to see kraft dinner's numbers.

CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts

Posted January 07 2007 - 01:00 AM

http://the-isb.blogs....project-x.html

"Time is money. Inside that cup noodle is contained the philosophy."

#9 of 16 OFFLINE   brentl

brentl

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted January 07 2007 - 03:00 AM

"you're kidding, right? i'm not sure where you're from, but ramen noodles are found in every grocery store around. on the wikipedia article for momofuku ando, it's said that in 2004, 70 BILLION servings were sold. i'd like to see kraft dinner's numbers.

CJ"

What I was saying was more about why are we mourning some guy, it's a cheap food product. Me, I've had more KD in the last year than I've had ramen in my whole life.

Oh, I'm from the now tropical City of Toronto ... get out your sunscreen!

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   Brandon_T

Brandon_T

Screenwriter

• 1,900 posts

Posted January 07 2007 - 03:34 AM

When I was younger and starting out we would go get a ton of Ramen noodle packs. I'm not quite sure what a Kraft Dinner is, unless you mean mac n cheese. A sad day indeed.

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,581 posts

Posted January 07 2007 - 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_T
When I was younger and starting out we would go get a ton of Ramen noodle packs. I'm not quite sure what a Kraft Dinner is, unless you mean mac n cheese. A sad day indeed.

Mac n Cheese by Kraft foods. North of the 49th we refer to it as Kraft Dinner AKA "KD" AKA "Yellow Death". I'm not sure, but that last reference may be more uncommon.

Out of respect for the departed I will say R.I.P Mr. Momofuku; although, I have yet to taste any instant ramen that actually tastes good. Most of the time it seems to have little taste at all.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted January 07 2007 - 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin-S
I have yet to taste any instant ramen that actually tastes good. Most of the time it seems to have little taste at all.
Have you had Sapporo Ichiban? I eat it frequently when I want something quick, and I can certainly afford something other than ramen.

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted January 07 2007 - 09:54 AM

I eat MaMa Ramen noodles. RIP Ando.

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC

Producer

• 3,729 posts

Posted January 07 2007 - 12:13 PM

Of course, when I was in Toronto a couple of years ago, I got the impression it was completely populated by Japanese. Even the housegirl at the bed-and-breakfast I was at was Japanese. I wonder if cup-ramen now sells better than Queasy-Cheesy there?

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,146 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 07 2007 - 03:53 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
facebook.com/whotony

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted January 07 2007 - 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherDAC
Of course, when I was in Toronto a couple of years ago, I got the impression it was completely populated by Japanese. Even the housegirl at the bed-and-breakfast I was at was Japanese.
I think you just saved me several thousand on my next "international" vacation.
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

Back to After Hours Lounge

Forum Nav Content I Follow