-

Photo

Cave of Silken Web / Ilya Muromets (Image R1) - Did anyone get an insert with these?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Jeff Krispow

Jeff Krispow

Stunt Coordinator

• 231 posts

Posted January 04 2007 - 02:00 PM

Hi folks…

I have a quick question regarding two DVDs I recently received, both of which are the R1 editions distributed through Image Ent.:
  • The Cave of Silken Web (Shaw Brothers)
  • Ilya Muromets (Ruscico)
Upon opening both discs, neither contained the expected insert booklets.

All the other Ruscico DVD's I've purchased (either the original Russian editions, or the Image R1 distributed editions) contained at least a 4-page insert. Yet my copy of Ilya Muromets hasn't got one.

Same for The Cave of Silken Web — Every Shaw Brothers DVD released through Image prior to this disc included a 4-page insert booklet, which included a text essay, photos and poster shots. This was in addition to a "free poster" postcard and Image's "Asian Cinema Catalog 1" (which I DID get with my DVD).

My question is this — did anyone else receive an actual insert booklet with their copy of either of these DVDs… or were these just those "one exception to the rule" that didn't include an insert?

I've searched far and wide through many forums trying and nearly non-existant reviews trying to find an answer, and have come up empty. Even one of my buddied at Image is having a hard time trying to find this out for me… Thus, I turn to you folks out there in HTF land, hopeful that someone… somewhere… can provide me with a definitive "Yes" or "No" regarding the inserts.

Many MANY thanks in advance to anyone with a helpful response.

Regards,
Jeff Krispow
Retired LD/DVD Reviewer
http://www.laserrot.com
jeff@laserrot.com