Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Problems with "To Sir with Love"?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,228 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 04 2007 - 01:16 PM

Wife and I sat down tonight to watch my Columbia Classics pressing of To Sir with Love. I think it was released back around 2000. It was a flipper with the OAR version on one side and MAR version on the other.

Put the widescreen side in and up popped something unexpected--Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla! A surprise to say the least.

Flipped the disc over to the MAR side and found...an intact, albeit P&S butchered To Sir With Love.

Does anyone know of any other reportings of this phenomenon? I did a number of searches here on the HTF and found nothing (although that doesn't always mean anything).

Thanks!

EDIT**Well...I did Google THIS Amazon.com review which mentions the problem.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted January 05 2007 - 06:40 AM

Yup! I had one of those a few years ago. I ended up eventually buying another DVD of the film which was not "unusual". Posted Image Posted Image

So you're not alone. Posted Image
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   RoyM

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted January 05 2007 - 08:26 AM

Wow, I just bought TSWL within the last month, but have yet to get around to watch it (almost did a couple of times during the x-mas holiday). Looks like I will be giving this a spin tonight to make sure everything's on the up and up (although it is probably too late to return it if not).

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,228 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 06 2007 - 07:11 AM

Glad to know I'm not alone, Jeff! Posted Image

Wonder if it would be worth contacting Columbia? Do they have any track record with disc exchanges?

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   RoyM

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 04:54 AM

Just to follow up, I watched my copy this weekend. It turned out to be a single sided disk with only the WS version and contained the correct film (very enjoyable movie, BTW). So apparently later pressings of this title were corrected by Sony, albeit with the P&S version removed.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   KieranO'C

KieranO'C

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 01:54 PM

So both blunders have been rectified... Posted Image

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,228 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 08 2007 - 02:41 PM

Just for the public record, I have sent an e-mail off to customer service at SONY Pictures Home Entertainment.

We'll see what kind of response (if any) there is.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,228 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 09 2007 - 01:50 PM

Well...a one day response isn't bad, eh?

Quote:

Dear Mike:

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest in Sony Pictures Home Entertainment products.

SPHE has recently become aware that To Sir, With Love contains a manufacturing error.

To receive a replacement DVD, please return the Click DVD in its original packaging to:

SPHE
Consumer Support
PO Box 157
Neenah, WI 54957
Attn: 575761

Please be sure to include your return address, proof-of-purchase (copy) and a copy of this email. Your replacement will be shipped out to you approximately 3 days after your discs are received. Please allow at least 7-10 working days for delivery.

Thank you for your continued patronage and for taking the time to contact us.

Regards,

Consumer Affairs Team 4

You don't suppose Team 4 will send me a Click DVD by mistake if I send them my copy of To Sir With Love?!? Posted Image Posted Image