What's new

Hook (1 Viewer)

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
I've been wanting to pick this up on DVD for a while, but this among some other releases, I've been holing out on due to a possible better release. Has anyone heard anything about a new edition? Or is it better to pick up the current version and not wait for something?

Beau

Supporting Actor
I've been waiting on this one aswell. I havent heard a single word of a new edition anywhere. I've been thinking about caving in and picking up the current one. I'm sure I could find it for under 10 bucks, so it won't break my heart double-dipping if an SE ever gets released. Though I think there's already 2 versions out, one regular and one superbit. Anyone know if the superbit's A/V is better enough to bother looking for it rather than the regular DVD?

This is one of my favorite movies from my childhood. It breaks my heart everytime I read negative comments about it on various web-sites. I've watched it occasionally in recent years and it's always as good as I remember it when I was a kid. BANGERANG!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I saw Hook as an adult and I can say it's the lost boys portions that slightly railroads things for a while. Blaaah! But the rest is quite good. Some terrific sets. I actually like Roberts as Tinkerbell. Hoffman is superb as Hook and Robin Williams believable as a former lost boy grown up.

My guess is that the current DVD is a worthy purchase since it's so darn cheap. The SB is oop but there's some available NEW from amazon.com's marketplace for about $25.

Slighty OT: What do you think of the recent Peter Pan live action film? Personally I love it! 10/10 all the way. While Hook is a 7/10.

TonyDale

Second Unit

Personally - I agree with you one hundred percent! It's the Pan film that I keep returning to over and over again. It also makes a great double bill with FINDING NEVERLAND.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I REALLY think that's a waste of money. As I mentioned, the SB doesn't allocate any more bitspace for the movie than does the original. I don't think there's any difference between the two, though the SB's cover looks cooler!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
That's odd. Superbit is just a sham on that one. I only own one, Panic Room. I felt the darn scene were benefitting although I didn't have the means to compare the 2 versions. I guess it's the name you're paying for. Kind of like Criterion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks