-

Photo
- - - - -

Help with Kenwood losing sound

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   tim98

tim98

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 02 2007 - 10:08 AM

I have a Kenwood KRF-X7775D. Its a pretty good receiver. the only problem I have had with it is while I'm playing a DVD,(audio/video routed through receiver) the sound will suddenly cutout. The picture is still there but no sound. The only way I can get it back is if I power down the receiver and turn it back on. It does not have a pattern but the most it has happened is twice in one movie. It happens almost everytime I play a DVD though. Any Ideas?

Thanks Guys

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Nick:G

Nick:G

Stunt Coordinator

• 200 posts

Posted January 04 2007 - 07:25 PM

Strange problem. It almost sounds like the receiver's microprocessor has gone wacky. I would look in the manual and see if there's a way to reset it (on some receivers, it's just a hard power cycle; unplug and replug). Just beware that a microprocessor reset almost always means that the settings will be cleared, so write them all down.

Also, try the DVD player on a different digital audio input and see if the problem persists.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Arthur S

Arthur S

Screenwriter

• 2,572 posts

Posted January 05 2007 - 06:42 AM

Hi Nick

I have a Kenwood 6070 on the way to the bedroom system...if Tim needs additional assistance, I can look in my owner's manual to see how to do a rest...

keep in touch

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   brentl

brentl

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted January 06 2007 - 12:58 PM

Is it possible that you are overdriving the receiver and it's shutting down because of heat?

Brent

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   DH909_HT

DH909_HT

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 11 2007 - 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim98
I have a Kenwood KRF-X7775D. Its a pretty good receiver. the only problem I have had with it is while I'm playing a DVD,(audio/video routed through receiver) the sound will suddenly cutout. The picture is still there but no sound. The only way I can get it back is if I power down the receiver and turn it back on. It does not have a pattern but the most it has happened is twice in one movie. It happens almost everytime I play a DVD though. Any Ideas?

Thanks Guys

I have the same receiver and I experienced the same problem briefly. I believe it depends on what listen mode you have it set to. When my receiver was set to multi-ch it would do exactly as you describe, but only sometimes. I don't know if you figured it out yet, but hopefully that will help you out.

David