Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Will Paramount ever Price Drop ST:Voyager?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Blu

Blu

Screenwriter

• 1,360 posts

Posted January 02 2007 - 04:51 AM

This isn't one of my favorite shows and when visiting Amazon today I noticed the price was STILL very high after the release. I would like to get this show but out of the whole ST franchise it probably ranks as my fourth favorite show but NOT at the still high prices. I'd like to give the series as a whole a better chance than when it was first run.

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted January 05 2007 - 03:23 PM

I agree that Paramount's still gouging with the ST: Voyager prices. Won't buy them...they briefly offered some of the sets at about $90 per a while ago, when ST: TNG sets were also on sale and were much more palatable, so I jumped on that. I'd buy Voyager sets if they dipped below $40 to $50, but I won't pay anything more than that. For these kinds of prices, you can often buy two if not three season sets of other shows. Posted Image

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,354 posts

Posted January 05 2007 - 03:47 PM

For the most part, If a Series isn't $29.99 or Cheaper, FUGGADABOUDIT!!!

The majority of my "Action" comes from the Bargain Bins! Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 40,132    :biggrin:   ( 847 Series )  :B)  Movies - 2,538 :B)   Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B) Documentaries  500 :B)

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,066 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted January 06 2007 - 03:47 AM

Time to brag again: LOL

I managed to get the whole series on Amazon when they had it listed for $329.

I never found out why the price went down to that. I am thinking it was a mistake. It took a month or so for them to ship so I was starting to think they were going to cancel the order and tell me the price was a mistake but they never did. I finally got it.

I would have never bought this set at its current Amazon price. It is now listed at $690. That is way too much. Considering this show was one of the lower rated ones, I am surprised they are trying to charge this much for this series. I wouldn't pay that much for any of the series.

Guess I got lucky. I would bet that if they made the series price $329 they would sell 100 times as many.

Sorry, but I had to brag on the one time I got a good deal. Posted Image

PS> I just noticed that Amazon now has the ST:TNG entire series listed for $371. That is the best price I have seen for this. I might just breakdown aa get this.
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Kenneth V

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted January 06 2007 - 07:05 AM

I bought the complete series sets when they first came out. Voyager was around $350 and Next Gen was around $375. I bought both of them. Paying $90 per season is rediculous. Paramount can't be selling any of the Star Trek titles for that amount of money. They need to lower the prices.

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted January 06 2007 - 09:30 AM

One would assume that eventually the entire franchise will all have THINPAK releases. Similar to what has already started over in R2 for TNG. That's what I am waiting for, b/c of the price, as well as the current packaging.

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,070 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 06 2007 - 11:04 AM

They need to lower their prices for the casual fan or the fan who doesn't want to spend $400 on Trek DVDs. However, there are many fans that will spend that money. If Paramount wasn't selling and making a profit on them, they wouldn't have released every Trek episode ever created.

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 06:35 AM

Why don't you try to buy thru Amazon Merchants or eBay. That's what I did for all of "Voyager & "DS9" and the last 3 seasons of TNG. Sure was cheaper that $110 + tax! Posted Image
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Jay_B!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 06:42 AM

yea, but it's time to lower the price, just like Fox did with The X-Files and HBO is slowly starting to do with early seasons of Sopranos and Six Feet Under

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

• 597 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 06:44 AM

For DS9, I was willing to pay the original price. And I don't regret it. But there's no way I'm paying the current prices for Voyager. It's a shame too because for some reason my wife enjoys this version and she'd love to get it. And that in turn raises it's value to me since it's more fun to watch a mediocre show with her than something better by myself. Anyway, we're just being patient for now and waiting. It has to happen eventually.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Bill>Moore

Bill>Moore

Second Unit

• 366 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 10:07 AM

I bought the first two, but stopped there for various reasons. Now I'm just holding out until the show gets the price drop. Since it's already happened for two of the shows, it will happen for Voyager, too.

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted January 08 2007 - 10:19 AM

I would get seasons 1 - 3 if they were part of the usual sales where box sets are $29.99 or so, but I wouldn't accept seasons 4 - 7 as gifts. No need to relive those again. When I got the complete DS9 set almost a year ago, the combined total equaled what I got for seven box sets of a show like ANGEL or Veronica Mars. Basically 5 ANGEL sets + 2 VM sets = DS9's complete set. If I got them season by season on their own, it would have amounted to about $1200 combined.

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,967 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted January 09 2007 - 01:24 AM

I would think the price drop will come this year, season by season. And next year we'd see the four seasons of Enterprise drop. If TOS, TNG and DS9 ever get rereleased as thinkpacks (assuming ALL the extras are included), I'll swap mine out. As is, those three series take up entirely too much room on my shelf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users