What's new

quick x-files question *samantha* (1 Viewer)

Troy*H

Stunt Coordinator
Ok so I have watched closure two times in a row now and still am not sure what to think. What I take from when Mulder reads her diary she was never abducted by aliens? She mentions tests by doctors, but from the diary it seems they are human.... Am I just not getting it?

thanks for any insight

Troy

Locutus

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
It was a fake kidnapping. She was given [by her father] to the people working with the aliens so they could find a way to combat the virus. Humans did the experiments on her

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
That's the one thing that always annoyed me about the X-Files -- at least once a year, they'd do a Samantha episode in which Mulder would finally Learn the Truth. Then the next Samantha episode would completely contradict it. Sam was an alien hybrid. She's a clone. She was abducted by the aliens. She was kidnapped by the conspiracy to blackmail Mulder's dad. She was given to the conspiracy as a guinea pig.

Troy*H

Stunt Coordinator
If she wasn't abducted by aliens how did she escape that locked room when CSM was comming to get her from the hospital? Is that supposed to be how she died...they killed her because of the experiments the humans were doing on her?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Those things were never stated as definitive answers as to what happened to Samantha (until Closure) and none of them contradict either. Did they just drag the Samantha story along? Sure but there weren't any contradictions.

Troy, Samantha turned to starlight because the CSM was going to keep running the tests on her. Just like the little girl that vanished before because she was going to be abducted by Santa Claus in Sein Und Zeit, she was 'rescued' so she didn't have to suffer anymore.

Troy*H

Stunt Coordinator
I am gonna have to rewatch some of the episodes then. I just bought all nine seasons because Best Buy has a sale for 19.99 on all fox series. I have been skipping through the stand alones and must have missed some myth eps because the starlight thing doesnt sound familiar.

So if I get it right she was never abducted by aliens. All the tests ran were by CSM and then she turned into starlight?

thanks again

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's never really definitively stated one way or the other. My interpretation is that like all conspiracy members, Bill Mulder gave up a family member to the aliens but he waited longer than the rest of them to give Samantha over (S6's Two Fathers/One Son) so the aliens abducted her (S2's Little Green Men). Later, she was returned to the CSM to be used to run more tests on. She lived with the CSM and young Jeffrey Spender (mentioned in S7's Closure) and eventually she disappeared. They had her DNA and created clones of her (S2's Colony/End Game, S4's Herrenvolk, S5's Redux II).

Troy*H

Stunt Coordinator
Is the second x-files movie still stuck in limbo? Last news I saw about it was on IGN around June of this year.

Kev_S

Grip
Real Name
Kevin Shinner

That’s pretty much how I saw it.

Samantha was abducted as per the arrangement the conspirators made. Then Samantha was returned to the CSM and she went on to live on a military base with CSM's son Jeffery Spender. The experiments on Samantha however continued and one night when she was close to death the "walk ins" saved her by turning her into starlight to save her from the pain she was about to suffer. The nurse who was looking after Samantha told Scully that Samantha just disappeared when the men came looking for her one night.

At some point during the experiments Samantha was cloned and throughout the series we have seen her clones as Children (working the cornfields) or as an Adults (carrying on the experiments for the planned invasion - before the syndicate was destroyed).

Starlight was mentioned in an episode before Closure and also in the final episode "The Truth" (though not directly). It provides a source of hope that against all odds the super soldiers and the planned 2012 invasion can be stopped. As Mulder said in the closing moments: "I want to believe that the dead are not lost to us and that maybe they can help us save ourselves".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks