Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PB12/Plus2 vs PB12 Ultra2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Mike Sloan

Mike Sloan

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted December 30 2006 - 02:39 AM

With the improved drivers (12.3) in the PB12-Plus/2...I am wondering if there is a significant improvement in quality when stepping up to the PB12-Ultra/2. Prior to the 12.3 upgrade....the consensus was the Ultra gave a small, but noticeable improvement.....now I am wondering if the gap has narrowed so as to make the difference inconsequential? Any ideas form the SVS aficionados out there?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain.

#2 of 3 SethH

SethH

Screenwriter

• 2,867 posts

Posted December 30 2006 - 03:28 AM

Do a search on the forum. Either Ron or Tom has addressed this question at some point on this forum.

IIRC, the response was that the 12.3 has brought the Plus driver very close to the Ultra, but that the Ultra was still top dog at SVS.

My personal opinion -- I would either get the Plus or hang on for a couple months to see if they announce a new Ultra driver.

#3 of 3 Arthur S

Arthur S

Screenwriter

• 2,572 posts

Posted December 30 2006 - 06:04 AM

Hi Mike

SethH has this exactly right. Long story short, Plus/2 is much more band for the buck... the new Ultra driver is probably going to be 14 inches and a real improvement over either model now available...there are other brands that can compete with the Plus/2...if you want to know more, please send me a Private Message...hint...HSU

Happy Holidays