What's new

Any News on Nickelodeon shows like... (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Any news on season sets on shows like

Tiny Toon Adventures (1990)
Doug (1991)
Hi Honey, I'm Home (1991)
Rugrats (1991)
Salute Your Shorts (1991)
Are You Afraid of The Dark? (1992) - US Release
Rocko's Modern Life (1993)
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (1994)
My Brother and Me (1994)
Secret World of Alex Mack, The (1994)
Sister, Sister (1994)
All That (1995)
Hey Arnold! (1996)
Kenan & Kel (1996)
Moesha (1996)
Mystery Files of Shelby Woo, The (1996)
Angry Beavers, The (1997)
Journey of Allen Strange, The (1997)
Animorphs (1998)
Are You Afraid of The Dark? (1998)
CatDog (1998)
Kids Say the Darndest Things (1998)
Wild Thornberrys, The (1998)
100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd (1999)
Amanda Show, The (1999)
Rocket Power (1999)
As Told by Ginger (2000)
Brothers Garcia, The (2000)
Noah Knows Best (2000)
Taina (2000)
Nick Cannon Show, The (2002)
All Grown Up! (2003)
My Dad the Rock Star (2003)
Romeo! (2003)
Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide (2004)
Unfabulous (2004)

so many great shows on this channel need to be released

Nikki

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Their are a bunch I would love. I did get the first 2 seasons of "Are you afraid of the dark" from Amazon Canada for my daughter. She is 11 and never heard of it. But, loves the Goosebumps show. So I got it for her and she loves it.

Matthew H

Second Unit
Tiny Toon Adventures is a Warner Bros. property. It has nothing to do with Nickeloden. It was only shown on the network for a number of years.

All of the above mentioned shows probably won't show up on DVD any time soon.. Nick started a "Nick Rewind" collection a few years ago, with the first season of Clarissa Explains It All and the first two seasons of "The Adventures of Pete & Pete". Unfortunately, apparently they didn't sell all too well because the second season of Clarissa was totally cancelled and no more Pete & Pete releases have come to fruition.

One cartoon I don't understand that hasn't been released is Rocko's Modern Life. I've never seen such a high demand for a children's cartoon, but, like many will agree, Rocko was one of the few toons on the network (like Ren & Stimpy) that was more adult oriented than anything. The amount of people that would like to see it on DVD is staggering. Hopefully we get to see that soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

My DVR recordings of all the episodes from the Nicktoons Network will have to suffice in the meantime..

John*P

Second Unit
Nickelodeon is releasing Zoey 101: Season 1. I'm not a fan of this show at all, but am hoping it sells well, so that they may consider releasing season DVD sets of some of their other newer shows which I DO like, such as Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide and Unfabulous.

As for the Nick Rewind Collection, I had gotten the impression from TVShowsOnDVD.com that the reason for the hiatus was a change in management at Viacom and Nickelodeon, and that sales for the DVD sets were good. Nick definitely needs to finish Pete & Pete on DVD, and give us some of the 90s classics like Salute Your Shorts, (currently the 5th most-requested unreleased show at tvshowsondvd.com) The Secret World of Alex Mack and Kenan & Kel.

Matthew H: I'd love to see Rocko on DVD as well! (as would some of my friends...)

LindseyS

Stunt Coordinator
Sister, Sister was first on ABC, then the WB. There was some talk of Paramount releasing the "Premiere Episodes" about a month ago, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

John*P

Second Unit
I'd also buy Caitlin's Way, Space Cases and Cousin Skeeter. (these weren't mentioned on nikki's list...)

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I would add Hey Dude and Fifteen to that list. Fifteen is really dated but fun. Ryan Renoylds was in it. And I remember seeing the girl who played Ashley on the second season of 24.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
so many good shows come on nickelodeon plz release some of these shows.
not sure if shows on other channels, in the UK they were all on Nickelodeon

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Lets keep bitching and maybe something will happen with these shows.

You Can't Do That on Televsion
Salute Your Shorts

*stamps feet hard*

John*P

Second Unit
Paramount should release Unfabulous: Season 1 on DVD to coincide with the theatrical release of Emma Roberts' upcoming Nancy Drew movie...

Matthew H

Second Unit
Unfortuantely, that isn't Classic Nick.

Nickeloden doesn't even have to really release Rocko. Can't Joe Murray do something, similar to how John Krisfulsci did for Ren & Stimpy? That's a Nicktoon, but it wasn't branded a Nickeloden show at all.

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe that Pete and Pete sold that bad that Nickelodeon won't get off their behinds and release the final season.

Geoff_G

Auditioning

I don't ever remember seeing specific numbers, but I do remember that the second Pete and Pete set and the Clarissa set sold so abysmally that Viacom just canned the whole line indefinitely.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
At least Sister, Sister - season 1 is finally getting a release.

I know Doug is available for Burn on demand but still holding out for an official release. Hope we get some of the other shows listed soon

LindseyS

Stunt Coordinator
Sister, Sister isn't a Nickelodeon property. Reruns may have been run on that channel but it was a network show, and Paramount is releasing it. (With no original music, probably).

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing

oh yeah almost forgot bout that one, wish they would release season 2

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I remember this show. I think my children would like it. I enjoyed the theme song. :emoji_thumbsup:

I just checked out the link provided. I had no idea Jessica Alba had been on that show. I'm guessing she stole some of the goo for her days at Manticore. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks