-

Photo
- - - - -

Zune MP3 Users ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   John_Graz

John_Graz

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted December 26 2006 - 03:30 PM

Not sure where I-pod, Zune, etc. should go on the Forum. There should be a MP-3 Device Category.

Anyway, any have a ZUNE yet ? I got one for Christmas from my wife and have not yet opened it. Trying to decide between the ZUNE or maybe a I-pod. I been reading alot on other forums and was wondering what you guys thought - Pro's & Cons.
Thanks and Happy New Year !

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter

• 1,160 posts

Posted December 28 2006 - 09:19 AM

I have friends that received Zunes for Christmas. Each was taken back and swapped for an iPod. There are a number of issues with the Zunes. For one thing, you can't just pay .99 for a single song as you can in iTunes. You must plunk down your money in $5.00 amounts. So if you want just one song, Microsoft keeps the other $4.01 until you are ready to buy more. You can only play a song Wi-Fi'd to your Zune from another 3 times in 3 days, then you have to buy it. The thing is big as a brick. I tried all manner of MP3 players on the market until I settled in with my iPod. I have a 30 gig newest generation and love it. I use it primarily in my car. I have never had issues with any iPod I have owned (1 shuffle, 1 Mini, 1 20 gig Video and now my 30 gig); iTunes has worked just as well. I have downloaded more than 500 songs to my iPod from iTunes and never had an issue. I have my entire CD collection, about 350 CDs on it. Try out the Zune, if you like it, then all is well. Personally I would trade it in on a 30 gig iPod.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm

Lead Actor

• 6,885 posts

Posted December 29 2006 - 02:03 AM

There's a thread on the Zune in "After Hours" Check it out. I wouldn't want one personally.
Philip Hamm
Moderator Emeritus