Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

International Retailers for HD-DVDs?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted December 24 2006 - 02:41 AM

I have noticed several titles like Reign of Fire that are avaialable on HD DVD in international markets that apparently will play on on current HD players. Any recommendations for international retailers who ship to Canada? Thanks
Peter

My Collection

#2 of 13 ChristianB

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator

• 241 posts

Posted December 24 2006 - 09:51 AM

Starstruck Entertainment at Sherway Gardens (just west of Toronto) presently imports HD-DVDs - as they had Reign of Fire and Harry Potter....

Call them at 416-695-2743

#3 of 13 dkny75

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator

• 189 posts

Posted December 26 2006 - 07:17 AM

Xploited Cinema ships to Canada also.

#4 of 13 Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted December 26 2006 - 09:13 AM

Thanks guys...I looked at Xploited and found only 15 HD titles, and they dont have Reign of Fire, which I think is a Japan release and may explain that. Will wait for CES to see what comes out of that first, otherwise will try one of the above
Peter

My Collection

#5 of 13 Jace_A

Jace_A

Second Unit

• 293 posts

Posted December 27 2006 - 07:42 AM

Reign of Fire is a Disney title in the States and has already been announced for Blu-Ray release in February. CES won't announce this title for HD DVD, so you're better off ordering from somewhere like YES Asia.

#6 of 13 TWISTED BULLET

TWISTED BULLET

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted December 28 2006 - 10:26 AM

HD MovieSource.

#7 of 13 Yumbo

Yumbo

Screenwriter

• 2,243 posts

Posted December 29 2006 - 07:02 AM

Twisted - do you run HDMS?
Credentials?
Why is Grinch cheaper?

#8 of 13 TWISTED BULLET

TWISTED BULLET

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted December 29 2006 - 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumbo
Twisted - do you run HDMS?
Credentials?
Why is Grinch cheaper?

The Grinch is a lower price at HD MovieSource because it's one of our christmas specials.
Yes I am a co-owner of the company.

We are a new company, but aim to please with fast processing and delivery times. We're not a warehouse; like many online stores and actually enjoy what we do. All items will be shipped on day of purchase, via 1st class mail.

#9 of 13 glenmulder

glenmulder

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted December 29 2006 - 11:21 AM

Thanks chris for your Purchase. Shipping tomorrow Morning.
Glen

#10 of 13 Ali B

Ali B

Second Unit

• 276 posts

Posted December 31 2006 - 07:35 AM

www.dvdgo.com is good for Spanish discs, www.fnac.com or www.amazon.fr for French discs, www.amazon.co.uk for UK discs.

#11 of 13 AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke

Supporting Actor

• 715 posts
  • LocationWoodend Victoria Australia

Posted September 02 2013 - 09:47 PM

It's been a long time since posts in this forum but thought I should pay a tribute to www.dvdgo.com for its excellent service.

I ordered their 10volume Blu ray collection of the Granada TV series of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett and it arrived here in Australia today just five days after ordering it, and in immaculate condition.

And the Blu ray image looks great .. colours a bit bleached but a basically very solid transfer, way improved over the old DVD version.

I've tested the set on my Oppo player set to Region A, and it plays fine, which confirms that this set is multi-region although the box states it's Region B. And it's cheaper at DVDGo than via Amazon or Ebay.

Cheers

#12 of 13 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 3,989 posts

Posted September 03 2013 - 12:11 PM

It's been a long time since posts in this forum but thought I should pay a tribute to www.dvdgo.com for its excellent service.

I ordered their 10volume Blu ray collection of the Granada TV series of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett and it arrived here in Australia today just five days after ordering it, and in immaculate condition.

And the Blu ray image looks great .. colours a bit bleached but a basically very solid transfer, way improved over the old DVD version.

I've tested the set on my Oppo player set to Region A, and it plays fine, which confirms that this set is multi-region although the box states it's Region B. And it's cheaper at DVDGo than via Amazon or Ebay.

Cheers

I am not finding the Blu-ray edition of the Holmes set. Can you provide a direct link to that page, please? Many thanks.

#13 of 13 AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke

Supporting Actor

• 715 posts
  • LocationWoodend Victoria Australia

Posted September 03 2013 - 05:28 PM

Here we are:

http://www.dvdgo.com...blu-ray/2125572

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users